The tool doesn't work for me any more.

Yogev Caspi

Jun 12, 2011, 9:22:12 AM6/12/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Not in continuous channel and not in the snapshot channel.
can the developer publish the source code and i will try to fix it?

Jeff Grossman

Jun 12, 2011, 9:58:27 AM6/12/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Google changed the download urls for Chromium and they are hardcoded in
the source code, that is why the tool is no longer working. As to if
the Developer release the source code, I have no idea. He has not
offered that before, so I would probably say no.

Jeff

KeepingItCuttingEdge

Jun 12, 2011, 5:39:49 PM6/12/11
to Chromium Updater
I don't see the difficulty in changing a few lines of code to point to
a different URL. Seems like a 5 minute fix to me -- I could be
wrong . . .

Jeff Grossman

Jun 12, 2011, 5:47:37 PM6/12/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com

True. But we have no idea what the code looks like and we have no idea what the developers available time is like.

Martin Endres

Jun 14, 2011, 3:03:17 AM6/14/11
to Chromium Updater
Hi all,

first of all, thank you for your suggestions.

As stated earlier, I don't have any time to work at the code for the
moment and since I'm on travel for work, I don't have access to my
development system, the next few weeks.
The changes, required to work with the new path scheme, would only
take a couple of minutes, that is true.

I'll probably get the chance to install my development environment
within a virtual machine to fix the issues within the next couple of
days, but don't nail me on that.

On Jun 12, 11:47 pm, Jeff Grossman <j...@stikman.com> wrote:
> True. But we have no idea what the code looks like and we have no idea what
> the developers available time is like.
> On Jun 12, 2011 2:39 PM, "KeepingItCuttingEdge" <daledill...@gmail.com>

Yogev Caspi

Jun 14, 2011, 12:10:04 PM6/14/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Can you release the code when you will have time.
Since this tool doesn't cost money i don't see any reason why it shouldn't be open source.

frank....@web.de

Jun 20, 2011, 10:30:41 AM6/20/11
to Chromium Updater
Hi

couldn't you put that path to the download into a ini. file which can
be edited by everyone ?

Regards
Frank

On Jun 14, 9:03 am, Martin Endres <chrome.upda...@googlemail.com>