Chromium Updater doesn't work. check please.

Kyunghwan Yun

Dec 23, 2010, 8:50:30 PM12/23/10
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Chromium Updater doesn't work. check please.

Installed Chromium Version : 10.0.620.0
Build : 70002
Lastest Build available : not checked
Last Check : 2010-12-23 AM 10:51:47

KeepingItCuttingEdge

Dec 24, 2010, 12:31:31 AM12/24/10
to Chromium Updater

Stopped working today for me as well. It shows the current build # I
have, but won't check for updates. When I change any settings and
restart, it trys to reinstall itself using the MSI file.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted several times.

?????

THANKS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Thanh Tran Trung

Dec 24, 2010, 2:17:25 AM12/24/10
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
The same to me...!@#$ !! Update this software, plz...

mendres

Dec 24, 2010, 4:30:24 AM12/24/10
to Chromium Updater
I'm currently looking into this issue, an update should be available
the next few days.

Thanks for reporting the problem and happy holidays to all of you!

mendres

Dec 24, 2010, 5:09:35 AM12/24/10
to Chromium Updater
Update: Please check out the latest release of Chromium Updater, which
is 1.3.710. You should be able to download Chromium's latest updates
again.

Report back any issues, I just changed download locations, but did not
run any further tests yet. Anyway, everything should work as expected.

Kyunghwan Yun

Dec 24, 2010, 5:44:47 AM12/24/10
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Works fine now. thanks alot.

Merry Christmas ^^

Pachuco

Dec 25, 2010, 6:04:32 AM12/25/10
to Chromium Updater
Thanks for fixing it and happy holidays!!

warking

Dec 26, 2010, 7:56:01 PM12/26/10
to Chromium Updater
It would be very nice if you got that chromium latest build url
dynamic(not hard-coded ) in case google tunes the directory
architecture again.

Саша Стефановић

Dec 27, 2010, 1:27:51 AM12/27/10
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
None knows Google's dynamics. Lates one is AFAIK http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/

Markuz

Dec 27, 2010, 3:13:03 AM12/27/10
to Chromium Updater
I get an invalid cast exception as soon as I open the application :(

mendres

Dec 27, 2010, 6:28:19 AM12/27/10
to Chromium Updater
I was looking for various solutions for the problem to not hard code
the url, but it does not make any difference to read out the urls from
elsewhere, because the structure could change there too. So let's just
hope they won't tune their file structure in a weekly schedule ;)

For the invalid cast exception, there have not been any similar bug
reports so far. You could try to remove Chromium Updater's registry
keys, which are located HKCU\Software\ChromiumUpdater. Removing the
keys should rebuild them once you start the application again. If the
problem persists, please report back and I will look into the issue.

Lunamoth Yun

Jun 8, 2011, 9:59:41 AM6/8/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Snapshot directory has changed. Please fix.

http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/

Jeff Grossman

Jun 8, 2011, 10:27:23 AM6/8/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
This is a known issue.  The developer of this program has said he does not currently have time to change the download directory.  You will have to switch to the continuous channel for the time being.  You can read more about this at https://groups.google.com/d/topic/chromium-updater/rONXs-THrO8/discussion.

Jeff