Options not saved, PDF plugin doesn't work

Chris

May 25, 2011, 9:54:47 AM5/25/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
I'm running windows 7 64bit and i have the chrome dev channel installed as well as chromium

When I check any of the options, such as start at windows startup or check for updates when program opens, the settings are lost when i close and re-open chromium updater. When I do so, I get the windows installation dialogue and when chromium updater opens, all of the options are in their default state.

Also, I tried to check the box for the PDF viewer, the pdf plugin does not appear in the about:plugins page, and the setting is not remembered.

Pachuco

May 25, 2011, 1:21:38 PM5/25/11
to Chromium Updater
Hi Chris,

I've had problems where options are greyed out and cannot be changed,
and when possible to change, they were not saved. Then for a while
things were running smoothly. I did not find out the reasons behind
it...

Ultimately, I have configured the Task Scheduler (TS) to do an update
a week. I suggest you do the same for whatever update frequency you
need. I believe the Chromium Update is using the TS (I must have found
a Task defined but I don't remember).

For the "Action" tab in the Scheduler I have put:

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\ChromiumUpdater\chromeupd.exe

and as "Add arguments (optional):" I have added:

-autorun -silent

I wonder if that wouldn't do the trick for you.

I'm not using the PDF viewer/plugin, so I have no opinion about them.

Trần Trung Thành

May 25, 2011, 6:06:12 PM5/25/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Chromium is OPEN SOURCE ! Every part of it is OPEN ! But Plugins :
Chrome PDF Viewer and Flash Built-in is not Free ! So Chromium does not
include it !! When I had known that, I changed to Google Chrome Dev...
Although Google Chrome Dev is not newer than Chromium but it has more
Useful Functions than Chromium...And for those people use Chromium for
browsing the web, not for developing browser, Chromium shouldn not be
your choice.

If you want Chromium have Google Plugins : Chrome PDF Viewer and Flash
Built-in, try my Solution every time after update Chromium : Comment 24
- http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=50852

--
Best Wishes

Chris

May 25, 2011, 6:26:37 PM5/25/11
to Chromium Updater
I don't use the task scheduler as my update schedule is sporadic, I
update before I start using Chromium, but aside from that I don't need
to have it updated on a regular schedule. I understand why flash and
the pdf viewer are not bundled with chromium as they are with chrome,
but I was hoping to use the pdf viewer as it is required to use the
print preview function. Because the option is available within
Chromium Updater, I was under the impression that selecting the option
would allow chromium to use the plugin from the chrome installation.
If this is not the case, what does the setting in chromium updater
allow me to do with the pdf viewer?