[Google Chrome Releases] Beta release: 0.2.149.29

Mark Larson (Google)

Sep 8, 2008, 4:36:06 PM9/8/08
to chromium...@googlegroups.com

Google Chrome version 0.2.149.29 was released on 5 September 2008, and all users are being automatically updated. Automatic updates are a key security feature in helping to ensure the safety of Google Chrome users.

This is a security and bug fix update, with no new functionality.

Security Updates:

Other changes:

--
Posted By Mark Larson (Google) to Google Chrome Releases at 9/08/2008 01:33:00 PM

Mark Larson (Google)

Sep 8, 2008, 4:52:00 PM9/8/08
to Chromium-Announce
Pardon the text here... a formatting problem from a blog post. I'll
have an update shortly.

On Sep 8, 1:36 pm, "Mark Larson (Google)" <m...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Google Chrome version 0.2.149.29 was released on 5 September 2008, and
> all users are being automatically updated. Automatic updates are a key
> security feature in helping to ensure the safety of Google Chrome
> users.This is a security and bug fix update, with no new
> functionality.Security Updates:Fix a buffer overflow vulnerability in
> handling long filenames that display in the Save As... dialog. This is
> a critical risk that could lead to execution of arbitrary code. Issue:http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1414Fix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1766Fixa
> buffer overflow vulnerability in handling link targets displayed in the
> status area when the user hovers over a link. This is a critical risk
> that could lead to execution of arbitrary code.Issue: reported
> internally to GoogleFix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1797Fixan
> out-of-bounds memory read when parsing URLs ending with :%. This is a
> low risk that can be used to crash the entire browser, possibly causing
> loss of data in the current session.Issue:http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=122Fix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1760Changethe
> default Downloads directory if it is set to Desktop, and ensure that
> Desktop cannot be the default. This mitigates the risk of malicious
> cluttering of the desktop with unwanted downloads, which can lead to
> executing unwanted files. Fix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1793Other
> changes:Fix a couple of data transfer issues with the Safe Browsing
> service causing unnecessary traffic.Fix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1762Fixa
> JavaScript bug that affected facebook.com. The fix properly handles
> negative indicies when using for...in.Issue:http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=131Fix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1763Fixsearch
> suggestions not working properly forhttp://search.daum.net/,http://search.empas.com/,http://meta.ua/,http://search.naver.com/,
> andhttp://search.yahoo.com/on several non-United States sites. Fix:http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=1759

Mark Larson (Google)

Sep 8, 2008, 5:05:50 PM9/8/08
to Chromium-Announce
The blog is live here: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

Aesthetic improvements to come later.

--Mark Larson, Google Chrome Program Manager