couple of Chromebook questions

Colton Conner

Dec 26, 2023, 6:24:55 PM12/26/23
to chromevo...@googlegroups.com
Hi group,

I got a Chromebook for Xmas and I like it. I did have 2 questions though. First, is there a way for me to set Chromevox to speak my pin on the login screen rather than just say bullet? Second, how does one access Google Drive through the files app? I can get everything else to open fine, but no matter what I do my google drive simply refuses to open. Thankee!

Colton Conner, the Friendly Neighborhood Puppy. Just leaving tiny paw prints that matter.

Colton Conner

Dec 27, 2023, 9:55:36 AM12/27/23
to jordanl...@gmail.com, chromevo...@googlegroups.com
hi jordan, I understand that but I would still like to change this Behavior if possible. also any thoughts on why I can't open Google Drive within the files apps?
Message has been deleted

mattias jonsson

Dec 27, 2023, 6:45:01 PM12/27/23
to ChromeVox Discuss
google drive should work automaticly

27 dec. 2023 kl. 00:28 skrev Jordan Livesey <jordanl...@gmail.com>:

having your pin read out to you is not recommended since people around you are likely going to listen in and when that happens, congratulations, you just gave them your pin, so now if they have access to your chromebook, and they heard you type your pin, they can now change your settings, screen readers don't read secure characters for a reason

Jordan Livesey

Dec 30, 2023, 12:32:21 PM12/30/23
to Colton Conner, chromevo...@googlegroups.com
And you can use google drive with the files app

Alexis

Jan 2, 2024, 8:41:20 AMJan 2
to Jordan Livesey, Colton Conner, ChromeVox Discuss
As far as I know you cannot have it speak your pen on Startup. You will have to either broil the numbers that your PIN have or you can try to memorize the numbers. Those are some other options or you could try to use an external number pad but I would try the first two first before you go towards the external option