Chromevox broken - not "Ready" and settings file not found

Earl Cousins

Feb 19, 2024, 2:54:53 PMFeb 19
to ChromeVox Discuss
I was using Chromevox (Version 121.0.6167.188) successfully, then returned to my chromebook a few hours later and now when starting it I don't get the ready message and clicking the gear icon takes me to this address:

chrome-extension://mndnfokpggljbaajbnioimlmbfngpief/chromevox/options/options.html

With this message:

Your file couldn’t be accessed

It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Jordan Livesey

Feb 19, 2024, 2:59:20 PMFeb 19
to Earl Cousins, ChromeVox Discuss
Chances are you may have a damaged chrome OS installation, recovery may be needed or if you can hear chromevox in the login screen, you may need to attempt a power wash, power washes are recommended before even attempting to use recovery

Katie Dektar

Feb 21, 2024, 12:43:57 PMFeb 21
to ChromeVox Discuss
The ChromeVox settings page linked from the gear icon was broken until Chrome OS version 122.0.6194.0. You can get to the ChromeVox settings page with Search+O then O, or by going to Chrome OS settings > Accessibility > Text to speech > ChromeVox settings.

-Katie

Jordan Livesey

Feb 21, 2024, 4:06:40 PMFeb 21
to Katie Dektar, ChromeVox Discuss
While we are on the subject of chrome OS versions, what is going on! 2 months ago I was still on chrome OS 119 until the end of December when the main line chromium release was at v120 and every one else was all ready on v120 of chrome OS, for reference, my board name is octopus and my actual Chromebook codename is lazer14

Devin Prater

Feb 21, 2024, 4:07:00 PMFeb 21
to ChromeVox Discuss