ChromeDriver 111.0.5563.64 fails

Zentro

Mar 15, 2023, 9:22:04 PM3/15/23
to ChromeDriver Users
Title: ChromeDriver 111.0.5563.64 fails to establish a websocket connection with Chrome version 111.0.5563.65

I encountered an issue while using ChromeDriver 111.0.5563.64 with Chrome version 111.0.5563.65 on Windows Server 2022. When trying to establish a websocket connection, I consistently received a "403 Forbidden" error. Despite attempting several troubleshooting steps, including checking firewall settings and ensuring that only local connections were allowed, the issue persisted.

As a temporary workaround, I downgraded my Chrome browser to version 110.0.5481.100 and used ChromeDriver 110.0.5481.77, which resolved the issue and allowed my automation program to run successfully. I also had to disable Chrome auto-updates by renaming the "Update" folder in the installation directory to prevent Chrome from automatically updating to the problematic version.

I would like to report this issue, as it seems no one has reported it yet, and I believe it is important for the ChromeDriver team to be aware of this compatibility issue between ChromeDriver 111.0.5563.64 and Chrome version 111.0.5563.65.

Please let me know if there are any updates or solutions to this problem, as I would like to use the latest version of Chrome and ChromeDriver without encountering this issue. Thank you for your assistance!

Vamsi Krishna

Mar 16, 2023, 2:02:12 AM3/16/23
to ChromeDriver Users
How to downgrade to 110.0.5481.77 version

ShivaRajini Tripurari

Mar 16, 2023, 5:33:40 PM3/16/23
to ChromeDriver Users
I am also facing the same issue, is there any workaround available other than going back to old version?