Webdriver from within remote docker container

Steven Waldren

Jun 7, 2021, 10:26:17 PM6/7/21
to ChromeDriver Users
I have a docker container (image: tensorflow/tensorflow:latest-jupyter)  for development, which I connect to using VS Code.

When I am in the terminal (within VS Code) of the remote container, I can run "./chromedriver" and I am prompted to open Chrome browser on the host machine on port 9195.  If I try to use Selenium within python, I get an error that the Chrome binary cannot be found.

The host machine is Win 10. I had this working okay with a different container (using a different image) when the host was Ubuntu.

Can I use chromedriver in a remote container when Chrome is only installed on the host machine?

Thanks,
Steven