Chromedriver - version 91.0.4472.124 - 64 bits doesn-t work

Daniela Freitas

Jul 5, 2021, 10:09:46 AM7/5/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Hello, do you fine?

My client made an automatic atualization´s Google Chrome to version 91.0.4472.124 - 64 bits and my project doesn´t work because I dont´have this version´s chromedriver.exe.

Is it possible to make this version, please?

Regards,
Daniela

Emmanuel Knight

Jul 7, 2021, 9:53:46 AM7/7/21
to ChromeDriver Users

Same here I am using selenium webdriver and now its stopped working If I find a way to rectify it ill post the solution

Emmanuel Knight

Jul 7, 2021, 10:08:03 AM7/7/21
to ChromeDriver Users
I found the solution if you are still looking for it basically chrome.exe has moved for some reasons and now it gets installed in program files or program files(x86) instead of AppData why they did that idk. I am not sure what program you are using but I just changed where the chrome driver was looking for the exe file in python selenium its just:

chrome_options.binary_location = r"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

where chrome_options is defined by chrome_options = webdriver.ChromeOptions().

the path may be slightly different for you but the exe file is now in program files or program x86 files essentially the takeaway.

Hope this helps

John Chen

Jul 7, 2021, 4:12:16 PM7/7/21
to Emmanuel Knight, ChromeDriver Users
The install location of Google Chrome depends on various factors, such as whether you're installing for the whole machine (defaults to program files) or just for yourself (defaults to app data). ChromeDriver looks for both locations while searching for Chrome, but if you explicitly specify chrome_options.binary_location, then it would be necessary to update its value whenever the setup options change.

John Chen

Jul 7, 2021, 4:14:48 PM7/7/21
to Daniela Freitas, ChromeDriver Users
Hi Daniela,

For Chrome 91.0.4472.124, please download ChromeDriver 91.0.4472.101 from https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html?path=91.0.4472.101/. Please see https://chromedriver.chromium.org/downloads/version-selection for general information on how to select the right ChromeDriver version.

Regards,
John

Halim A.

Jul 10, 2021, 3:28:05 PM7/10/21
to ChromeDriver Users
i tried this but selenium gave error again
"Error: 0_SeleniumError
element not interactable
  (Session info: chrome=91.0.4472.124)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=91.0.4472.101 (af52a90bf87030dd1523486a1cd3ae25c5d76c9b-refs/branch-heads/4472@{#1462}),platform=Windows NT 10.0.19042 x86_64), 07.10.2021 22:22:51"

Halim A.

Jul 10, 2021, 3:28:40 PM7/10/21
to ChromeDriver Users
did it work when you made this change?
and where do we write this code, can you write a little more descriptive

siva chane

Jul 28, 2021, 10:32:04 AM7/28/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Hello, I have the same problem here, my chromedriver is located on program file
I'm interacting with the google search bar, and now its not interectable anymore.
I was working few weeks ago :/
Does anyone find a solution for this issue ?
I have this error :  "Message: element not interactable (Session info: chrome=91.0.4472.124)"

Thank you very much ! :)