ChromeDriver 99.0.4844.51 Update : error: target frame detached

Pankaj Bhargava

Mar 9, 2022, 3:04:54 PM3/9/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hi All,

I am facing this issue when trying to switch back to default content from third party iframe-
web driver exception:unknown error : cannot determine the loading status from target frame detached

After update of chrome to ChromeDriver 99.0.4844.51 the problem with iframe happens, gets detached after some time of interacting with it.
It seems it happened before :

Anynone facing similar issues ?

Thanks.

r i

Mar 9, 2022, 4:41:38 PM3/9/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hi Pankaj Bhargava,

I am getting similar error messages in my environment.

WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: session deleted because of page crash
from unknown error: cannot determine loading status

I have not been able to resolve this issue yet.

2022年3月10日木曜日 5:04:54 UTC+9 Pankaj Bhargava:

Aysun Yilmaz

Mar 9, 2022, 5:18:53 PM3/9/22
to Pankaj Bhargava, ChromeDriver Users
We had same issue today in our pipelines, still no solution comparing .Net versions right now.

Wojciech Kopec

Mar 10, 2022, 3:51:56 AM3/10/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Facing the same issue after updating to 99 version resulting in massive fails in E2E tests.
Message has been deleted

Long Tran

Mar 10, 2022, 3:43:22 PM3/10/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Facing the same issue here.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot determine loading status
from target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=99.0.4844.51)

Aysun Yilmaz

Mar 11, 2022, 11:37:39 AM3/11/22
to Pankaj Bhargava, ChromeDriver Users
Any updates on this issue?

Nischitha KN

Mar 14, 2022, 2:34:23 AM3/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Same here... waiting for the fix

Lamberto Fichera

Mar 14, 2022, 10:36:22 AM3/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
We're also seeing the same issue since the update to Chrome 99. Nothing changed on our side. Using `selenium-webdriver` nodejs bindings (latest version)

Abinaya Prabakaran

Mar 14, 2022, 1:23:51 PM3/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue mentioned above in my test runs. Did anyone have any idea on how to handle this?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2022, 6:27:56 PM3/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
After updating to the new driver, started receiving this same error: Waiting for the fix. Also, new version does not release the memory and when maximum memory usage reached, it throws Out of Memory exception.

from target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=99.0.4844.51)

James Bradly

Mar 15, 2022, 4:01:53 AM3/15/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I'm experiencing this, too. Trying out the latest beta doesn't solve it, either. I hope the fix will be coming soon.

prachi garg

Mar 15, 2022, 8:49:24 AM3/15/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am also facing an issue with switchto.defaultcontent(). Please let me know if anyone finds a solution to it.
My Problem: On a web page there is a + icon, which we click on and a small widget on same window opens (it has iframe)>after switching to it and fillign in data. I have to click on the button which does not have any iframe. So was trying defaultcontent but this did not work and getting error element not found.
chromedriver verison is 99.0.434

Please suggest me.

Surya Mylsamy

Mar 15, 2022, 8:54:29 AM3/15/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am also facing the same issue. After updating the chrome driver, getting below error

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: target frame detached

Let me know once this issue gets resolved.

yu zhu

Mar 15, 2022, 10:34:56 AM3/15/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am getting similar error messages in my environment.

WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: session deleted because of page crash
from unknown error: cannot determine loading status

Adam Gleiss

Mar 15, 2022, 7:40:41 PM3/15/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am also getting a similar error after the updating the driver:

target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=99.0.4844.51)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=99.0.4844.51 (d537ec02474b5afe23684e7963d538896c63ac77-refs/branch-heads/4844@{#875}),platform=Mac OS X 11.4.0 x86_64)
 /Users/adamgleiss/Projects/devops/ares-web-tests/vendor/facebook/webdriver/lib/Exception/WebDriverException.php:158
 /Users/adamgleiss/Projects/devops/ares-web-tests/vendor/facebook/webdriver/lib/Remote/HttpCommandExecutor.php:326
 /Users/adamgleiss/Projects/devops/ares-web-tests/vendor/facebook/webdriver/lib/Remote/RemoteWebDriver.php:547
 /Users/adamgleiss/Projects/devops/ares-web-tests/vendor/facebook/webdriver/lib/Remote/RemoteWebDriver.php:186
 /Users/adamgleiss/Projects/devops/ares-web-tests/vendor/facebook/webdriver/lib/WebDriverExpectedCondition.php:185
 /Users/adamgleiss/Projects/devops/ares-web-tests/vendor/facebook/webdriver/lib/WebDriverWait.php:67

{"sessionId":"a4e272dda73e29ec0c13d9d63d181aab","status":105,"value":{"message":"target frame detached\n  (Session info: chrome=99.0.4844.51)\n  (Driver info: chromedriver=99.0.4844.51 (d537ec02474b5afe23684e7963d538896c63ac77-refs/branch-heads/4844@{#875}),platform=Mac OS X 11.4.0 x86_64)"}}

It seem to be intermittent.

Attack Animos

Mar 16, 2022, 6:31:38 AM3/16/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Facing the same issue after updating to 99 version resulting in massive fails in E2E tests.

Danny Paradis

Mar 16, 2022, 1:40:24 PM3/16/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Same issue here since upgrade to Chrome 99 in Selenoid setup:

target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=99.0.4844.51)
Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:17:03'
System info: host: 'eec4daca6fdd', ip: 'x.x.x.x', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '5.4.0-100-generic', java.version: '11.0.11'
Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: true, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 99.0.4844.51, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 99.0.4844.51 (d537ec02474b5..., userDataDir: /tmp/.com.google.Chrome.HS1T64}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:45857}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: LINUX, platformName: LINUX, proxy: Proxy(), setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify, webauthn:extension:credBlob: true, webauthn:extension:largeBlob: true, webauthn:virtualAuthenticators: true}

amine hadri

Mar 16, 2022, 3:12:45 PM3/16/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Same issue since last week and it is REALLY ANNOYING. I can't make any progress in my project
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: cannot determine loading status
from target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=99.0.4844.74)

Nathan

Mar 17, 2022, 4:43:03 AM3/17/22
to ChromeDriver Users

Facing the same issue as well for the past 1-2 weeks, target frame detached, all my projects and builds are being halted by this error, it was only after these recent updates I started getting these errors.
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: target frame detached

Andrei Ciuvaga

Mar 17, 2022, 3:40:19 PM3/17/22
to ChromeDriver Users
As a workaround for those that are not restricted with using the latest -  99.0.4844.74.
1)   I downgraded the version of Chrome Browser
2)  I have set chromedriver to use that version, as I use webdrivermanager added a temporary fix:  WebDriverManager.chromedriver().driverVersion("96.0.4664.18").setup();
Hope that this issue will be fixed in next releases
  ,

Andrei Ciuvaga

Mar 17, 2022, 3:42:48 PM3/17/22
to ChromeDriver Users
This workaround works for me without any issues

Long Tran

Mar 18, 2022, 4:38:23 PM3/18/22
to ChromeDriver Users
This issue is reported, but it is not assigned.

Message has been deleted

Lei Yan

Mar 21, 2022, 3:24:05 PM3/21/22
to ChromeDriver Users
My solution:
1.        To wait for the fixing about Chrome/chromedriver
2.        To use Firefox/geckodriver for now

On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 12:35:41 PM UTC-5 Nathan wrote:
Anyone else having issues with logging into sites besides target frame detached and other errors? Whenever I try logging in on a webpage, it just reloads and refreshes the page but never logs me back in. This only started with this new chrome update.

Either Sánchez

Mar 22, 2022, 10:38:04 PM3/22/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hello everyone, i got the same issue when i updated my chrome version to 99, any update about the issue?
Regards from Mexico!

Rama Baalakrishnan

Mar 23, 2022, 8:53:31 PM3/23/22
to ChromeDriver Users
https://stackoverflow.com/a/61503025 - this idea worked for me. (Retrying and then switching frame)

Yash Rawani

Mar 24, 2022, 4:00:06 AM3/24/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am facing the same issue. Any ideas on when can this be updated by google chrome

Manikandan

Mar 25, 2022, 4:49:12 AM3/25/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I too face this issue after upgrading to chrome,msedge version 99, I get this in an element which is not under anyframe.

Maurizio Ceci

Mar 25, 2022, 9:58:07 AM3/25/22
to ChromeDriver Users
if you switch to firefox (geckodriver) it works perfectly
Message has been deleted

charbel el barche

Mar 28, 2022, 2:50:25 PM3/28/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Are you all still experiencing the same issue?

vidya s.n

Mar 29, 2022, 4:07:47 AM3/29/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Yes, it is intermittent for me.

Yadsmood

Mar 30, 2022, 2:52:32 AM3/30/22
to ChromeDriver Users
100.0.4896.20 is released but this issue still happen for me.

vidya s.n 在 2022年3月29日 星期二下午5:07:47 [UTC+9] 的信中寫道:

MohanKumar Thangavel

Mar 30, 2022, 2:01:52 PM3/30/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I too tired in the new versio(100.0)n of chrome driver . I am facing this same issue. Looks like issue is not yet resolved.

amine hadri

Mar 31, 2022, 1:54:24 PM3/31/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I'm really shocked about how the team is completely ignoring all that noise made here and in other forums about this annoying problem. Same problem with latest 100 version. I'm using geckodriver for now but I'm thinking about never going back to chromedriver. Firefox is somewhat slower that chrome, but the driver is waaay more stable.

Jonathan Ginsburg

Mar 31, 2022, 4:46:04 PM3/31/22
to ChromeDriver Users

Vlad Pop

Apr 1, 2022, 3:40:03 AM4/1/22
to ChromeDriver Users
As a workaround, until this will be fixed by Chrome team:
We can use a try and catch block for the elements in which this error occurs - and the tests will continue further without stopping

try {

button.click();

} catch (WebDriverException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

Rajiv Nakirikanti

Apr 4, 2022, 7:33:05 PM4/4/22
to ChromeDriver Users
@Vlad Pop, the try catch is not going to stop you from getting the target frame detached issue.
It would at max print the stack trace in the logs.

Message has been deleted

A aso

Apr 5, 2022, 3:42:32 AM4/5/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Chromedriver 101.0.4951.15 also occurs "error: target frame detached" and "error: session deleted because of page crash".

This issue is proportional to the number of subframes.
And even 99 occurs from a specific version or later.

Last version that does not occur.
https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?prefix=Win/952345/

Problems arise from here.
https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?prefix=Win/952377/

If anyone knows a workaround, please let me know.

2022年4月5日火曜日 8:33:05 UTC+9 Rajiv Nakirikanti:

Dany Flageole

Apr 6, 2022, 3:38:58 PM4/6/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Also facing similar issues since last Friday (April 1st)

error message differ from time to time, and they are random but frequent.
  • Keyword 'Capture Page Screenshot' could not be run on failure: Message: invalid session id
  • Keyword 'Capture Page Screenshot' could not be run on failure: InvalidSessionIdException: Message: invalid session id
  • WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: session deleted because of page crash from tab crashed
  • WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: session deleted because of page crash from unknown error: cannot determine loading status from tab crashed
  • WebDriverException: Message: target frame detached (Session info: chrome=100.0.4896.75)

My Chromedriver is now 100.0.4896.60 but I was also having the problems with 99.0.4844.84

Jakub Kudlacz

Apr 8, 2022, 4:04:09 PM4/8/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Any news on the resolution to this issue?  Been trying various solutions without any luck really.

Sayan Sarkar

Apr 11, 2022, 6:16:21 AM4/11/22
to ChromeDriver Users
No solution yet? I know we are not paying for this but this is going on for a while and making a big impact on my (and many others') living

Nathan

Apr 12, 2022, 3:30:22 AM4/12/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Still facing this issue, been almost 2 months now....

Doug Morris

Apr 12, 2022, 3:55:55 AM4/12/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I have the same issue. I try to access driver.Title after working in a frame and I get "target frame detached". In Visual Studio I try to go back a line and it won't let me but the line of code is then highlighted and I can execute again and it works fine.

I have tried using a Thread.Sleep but that doesn't help. It seems quite bizarre. So if I run it twice in debug it works, but if I try wrapping it in a Try Catch to simulate that it just falls over.

Chris Graham

Apr 12, 2022, 2:22:52 PM4/12/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I REALLY need a solution to this...please!!!!!

Vladimir Nechaev

Apr 14, 2022, 5:31:46 AM4/14/22
to Chris Graham, ChromeDriver Users
Dear Chris,

All resources are currently allocated to other projects.
We will have a look at this issue later in this quarter.
If you share a simple reproducer that will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Vladimir

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Chris Graham

Apr 14, 2022, 7:53:08 AM4/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
This occurs while testing my webapp, I will not be able to share with you where it occurs specifically. But essentially there is a modal that comes on screen and then from that point on, no matter what action I do, this error is thrown.

Chris Graham

Apr 14, 2022, 9:00:49 AM4/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Automation/scripts/webapp/Test/test_ExistingUserFlow3.py", line 293, in test_main
    orders_page.locate_card_grid()
  File "/Users/userDesktop/Automation/scripts/webapp/Pages/OrdersPage.py", line 53, in locate_card_grid
    WDwait(self.driver,10).until(EC.presence_of_element_located((By.XPATH,self.ordersCard_grid_xpath)))
  File "/opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/support/wait.py", line 78, in until
    value = method(self._driver)
  File "/opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/support/expected_conditions.py", line 64, in _predicate
    return driver.find_element(*locator)
  File "/opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 1248, in find_element
    return self.execute(Command.FIND_ELEMENT, {
  File "/opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 425, in execute
    self.error_handler.check_response(response)
  File "/opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/errorhandler.py", line 247, in check_response
    raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace)
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=100.0.4896.88)

Антон Фадеев

Apr 17, 2022, 2:43:17 PM4/17/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hello Vladimir.

This issue is 100% reproducible for me with these high level steps:
1. I interact with some page
2. There is a popup in iFrame element on the page and I use driver.SwitchTo().Frame(frameElement)
3. I interact with the popup and it's closed after some actions
4. I use driver.SwitchTo().DefaultContent() to switch to the page context
There is a "target frame detached" on the 4th step now but before v99 it worked just fine.

Hope this will be fixed soon.
Please, let me know if I can provide any other helpful information.

Regards,
Anton
четверг, 14 апреля 2022 г. в 12:31:46 UTC+3, nec...@chromium.org:
Message has been deleted

Larisa Alexa

Apr 20, 2022, 5:01:09 AM4/20/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hi Vladimir,

As per this tread (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58836020/webdriverexception-target-frame-detached-while-interacting-with-elements-within) this issue was once fixed in chromedriver version 80. Maybe you can look into that.
We are having this issue with target frame detached for 2 months now. Will be very much appreciated if you can look into this sooner.

Thanks,
Larisa
Message has been deleted

jason.g...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2022, 1:45:07 PM4/22/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Same Issue here as well, it is random though.

On Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 11:14:20 PM UTC-5 Grassman1982 wrote:
I am also having a similiar problem.
It only occurs when I am using my own proxy extension with python, which I do need to be able to use proxies with username/pw.
When I am not using a proxy with my extension or going back to chrome v98 the problem does not appear anymore.
Not sure if it helps for your problem too.

Jakub Kudlacz

Apr 22, 2022, 6:48:30 PM4/22/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Any browser using Chromium is having this issue now :-(

Melodious_Old_Songs_Recreated Trishita

Apr 27, 2022, 10:41:35 AM4/27/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hi All,

Can you try with driver.switchTo().activeElement(); instead of             driver8.switchTo().defaultContent(); for now?

Or you can use both statement in a try catch block.. It worked for me for chrome v99, 100,101.

Tim S

Apr 27, 2022, 11:46:47 AM4/27/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Does this work in Selenium 4?

Melodious_Old_Songs_Recreated Trishita

Apr 28, 2022, 2:59:52 AM4/28/22
to ChromeDriver Users
yes... it should work. i tested with selenium-server 3.159. you can try with selenium-java 4..

Tim S

Apr 28, 2022, 8:09:47 AM4/28/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Not sure if you mean your code or this problem in general. I was asking for this issue in general, does it exist with selenium 4?

Melodious_Old_Songs_Recreated Trishita

Apr 28, 2022, 12:20:42 PM4/28/22
to ChromeDriver Users
See....your previous question was confusing.... " Does it work in selenium 4?"

My question for you @tim, did you get the above issue ever???? If yes then you should know this issue is not related to selenium web driver rather it is a issue with chromedriver.exe and chrome browser version.

Prasath Kannan

May 2, 2022, 2:57:28 PM5/2/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I'm facing this issue even in v101, anyone else having the same problem?

Vijay Vasani

May 3, 2022, 8:27:46 AM5/3/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am facing the same issue since last 3 ChromeDriver versions 99, 100 and  now 101 too, please share the fix if any one have!

Gian Carlo Santiago

May 5, 2022, 8:40:19 PM5/5/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Also reproducible with version 101.

Andrew Mione

May 6, 2022, 2:50:02 PM5/6/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I started encountering this bug when chrome (and chromedriver) were updated to version 99. The problem persists in version 100 and now 101. My company uses katalon for automated web tests (so basically chromedriver driven by groovy) and it started failing some tests when 99 came out due to this error. I have just locked my chrome and chromedriver to version 98 to get around this problem, but I had some free time today and figured I might be able to contribute here.

Our signup page has a sign in / sign up with google auth option which pops up an external google auth window. This is where the error occurs after the auth happens and the tests switch back to the main window. I put together a gist with a simple ruby selenium example that reproduces the problem more often than not (probably more than 50% but less than %75). I'm not too keen about people running automation against our site outside our QA team so I won't leave this gist up forever. Anyway, hopefully this helps.

https://gist.github.com/amione/131259681962b80912e1ed50bb415b95

Message has been deleted

Abhay Goel

May 10, 2022, 5:44:12 AM5/10/22
to ChromeDriver Users
We are facing the same issue in Chrome 99-101. It happens to us even when we try to get the current url.

Dany Flageole

May 10, 2022, 9:10:34 AM5/10/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Comment 40 by _________@chromium.org on Mon, Apr 25, 2022, 6:50 AM GMT-4 (15 days ago)
We will start working on this issue later in this quarter.

source: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=4048

Jakub Kester

May 12, 2022, 12:33:38 PM5/12/22
to ChromeDriver Users

Same issue chrome=101.0.4951.54

Nikki Aaron

May 13, 2022, 3:15:15 PM5/13/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Says here they couldn't reproduce the bug. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=4048
Does anyone know if there any new versions where this is fixed???

Michael Page

May 13, 2022, 3:41:34 PM5/13/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Actually, if you read their latest post, it says they couldn't replicate the bug, but found some code issues that they fixed and they posted a link to the linux canary release with the fix. I found the windows version and posted that info over there.

Samuel B.

May 19, 2022, 8:42:01 PM5/19/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I'm getting the same error with version 101.0.4951.67. Does anyone know a workaround?

Minh Hien Pham Thi

May 20, 2022, 5:59:55 AM5/20/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I'm getting the same error with version 101.0.4951.67 too.

2022年5月20日金曜日 9:42:01 UTC+9 Samuel B.:
Message has been deleted

Venkat Konga

May 21, 2022, 9:56:07 AM5/21/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Same here as well

WebDriverException: target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=101.0.4951.67)

Space Soft System

May 23, 2022, 1:57:10 AM5/23/22
to Minh Hien Pham Thi, ChromeDriver Users
I use Chrome Drives for Whatsapp API Services for Software Development. My website is api4ws.com

i have a issue there , how i create button in whatsapp chat , using VB 2010 JavaScript

any one help me

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 3:30 PM Minh Hien Pham Thi <hie...@japanquality.asia> wrote:
I'm getting the same error with version 101.0.4951.67 too.

2022年5月20日金曜日 9:42:01 UTC+9 Samuel B.:
I'm getting the same error with version 101.0.4951.67. Does anyone know a workaround?

Space Soft System
Software Development Work
Software Sales & Service

Cell 73546-73546

Nikolai Orlov

May 23, 2022, 3:53:16 PM5/23/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Facing same issue but only in Selenoid container (clean environment). Running same tests at Chrome 101 locally works fine, maybe some cache from old versions helps.

Zaid shaikh

May 27, 2022, 5:31:28 AM5/27/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am also getting the same issue on all my scrapping project is there anyone  who found the solution?

Noah

Jun 2, 2022, 12:14:36 PM6/2/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I just downgraded chrome to older version and disabled the chrome update. it works perfectly fine again. uninstall chrome and download the older version. then change chrome Update folder's name to something else before chrome update it by itself. i'll use it like this till it's fixed in further releases

https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/google-chrome-old-version.php
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\NoUpdate

Deepak Krishna

Jun 10, 2022, 5:09:15 AM6/10/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Hey Everyone,

Even I was also facing the same issue (Target frame attached) when running my automation scripts.
Finally after several trial and error methods, I figured out a work around for the issue.
This issue was majorly happening due to the frames that we were using. After switching in to the frame (driver.switchTo.frame()) and when the task is done, exception was thrown when tried to come out of the frame.
So what I did is:
After my operation is successful, I came out of the frame by clicking on any random element which is outside of the frame.
This way selenium driver is made to focus out of the frame and our execution is not halted if it encounters the exception.
So solution is to possibly click any element which is outside of the frame. Cheers!!

Dany Flageole

Jun 14, 2022, 9:09:55 AM6/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
I am still getting a lot of errors using Version 102.0.5005.115 (Build officiel) (arm64) with ChromeDriver 102.0.5005.61

invalid session id
InvalidSessionIdException
Timed out receiving message from renderer: 299.625

session deleted because of page crash from tab crashed

session deleted because of page crash from unknown error

target frame detached

see:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=3788&q=Message%3A%20chrome%20not%20reachable&can=2
https://groups.google.com/g/chromedriver-users/c/QjGnZ_gLgVI/m/srWXS8YhAQAJ

JULIAN DAVID YEPES CARRENO

Jun 16, 2022, 1:02:02 PM6/16/22
to ChromeDriver Users
It'll be fixed in 103. It's fixed in 103 beta https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=4048#c50

Venkat Konga

Jun 17, 2022, 8:33:48 AM6/17/22
to ChromeDriver Users
WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot determine loading status
from target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=102.0.5005.115)

Gian Carlo Santiago

Jun 22, 2022, 6:25:25 PM6/22/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Just updated to  Version 103.0.5060.53, still got an error:

WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: cannot determine loading status
from unknown error: cannot determine loading status
from target frame detached
  (Session info: chrome=103.0.5060.53)

And looks like it has more issues (unable to click some DIV elements that was working on version 102)

Larisa Alexa

Jun 23, 2022, 3:54:07 AM6/23/22
to ChromeDriver Users

Same for me:
Error : unknown error: cannot determine loading status
from unknown error: unexpected command response
(Session info: chrome=103.0.5060.53)

Melodious_Old_Songs_Recreated Trishita

Jun 23, 2022, 4:13:49 AM6/23/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Can you pls try with below piece of code:

Can you try with driver.switchTo().activeElement(); instead of             driver8.switchTo().defaultContent(); for now?

Or you can use both statement in a try catch block.. It worked for me for chrome v99, 100,101.

Vladimir Nechaev

Jun 23, 2022, 4:37:31 AM6/23/22
to Gian Carlo Santiago, ChromeDriver Users
Dear users,

The issue with "Unexpected command response" was reported in chromedriver:4121 and it will be fixed in the upcoming ChromeDriver 104.
We have just made a request to merge the fix into ChromeDriver 103.
Hopefully it will be approved soon.

Sincerely,
The ChromeDriver Team

Shailesh Sharma

Jun 30, 2022, 10:34:00 AM6/30/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Dear all,

Hope you are doing well,

Please find the issue below:-

I am running my automation suite on Google Chrome Version 103.0.5060.53 and I am getting the below error.

Step failed
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot determine loading status

from unknown error: unexpected command response
  (Session info: chrome=103.0.5060.66)

Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:17:03'
System info: host: 'BSLAP-SSHARMA', ip: '192.168.0.31', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_291'
Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 103.0.5060.66, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 103.0.5060.53 (a1711811edd7..., userDataDir: C:\Users\ssharma\AppData\Lo...}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:56115}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: WINDOWS, platformName: WINDOWS, proxy: Proxy(), setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify, webauthn:extension:credBlob: true, webauthn:extension:largeBlob: true, webauthn:virtualAuthenticators: true}
Session ID: c14e220b4e68e26417421521432ddc9d
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.createException(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:187)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:122)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:49)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:83)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:552)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:285)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.click(RemoteWebElement.java:84)
at com.qa.util.ElementUtil.doClick(ElementUtil.java:139)
at com.pages.RegistrationSignUpPage.clickContinueToStep2(RegistrationSignUpPage.java:882)
at steps.RegistrationSignUpPageSteps.user_taps_on_continue_to_step2_button(RegistrationSignUpPageSteps.java:1062)
at ✽.user taps on Continue To Step2 button(file:///C:/Users/ssharma/Automation%20Projects/BoyleSportsWebAutomation/src/test/resources/com/features/RegistrationYourDetails.feature:18)

Whereas when I am running the same suite on Firefox it's running fine.
Is there any issue with Google Chrome Version 103.0.5060.53 or anything else? Please help as I am not getting any results for the same.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Shailesh

Space Soft System

Jul 14, 2022, 5:41:04 AM7/14/22
to Shailesh Sharma, ChromeDriver Users
  hello sir / madam

We have tried many times to contact you. I am Microsoft Visual Basic 2019 developer , and I am just learning Whatsapp automation. I use google search and youtube for whatsapp automation code and javascript code. 75% my code done for whatsapp automation but now i want add whatsapp button message like https://github.com/adiwajshing/Baileys

adiwajshing Baileys use node js but i want same function in microsoft visual basic 2019

its possible , if yes then please share code

i send same mail to https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/support/# but no any update tile now , today i send again ,

please reply me as soon as possible

Trevor Gulick

Sep 26, 2022, 12:08:57 PM9/26/22
to ChromeDriver Users
It looks like a similar 'unexpected command response' bug was fixed and conflated with this issue. I can still repro the original ' target frame detached' error in Chrome 105. The issue reproes for me when I switch to nested iframes that are in a popup. When the popup is closed, I attempt to switch back to default content again.