ChromeDriver crashing with 3+ sessions

Mitchell Hanberg

Jul 26, 2021, 1:21:53 AM7/26/21
to ChromeDriver Users

Hi there!

I have noticed that I cannot run ChromeDriver with 3+ concurrent sessions without it crashing. After enough crashing, it breaks down entirely and I have to restart my computer, due to (I think) my computer running out of file handles.

I have attached one of the crash dumps and the --verbose logs.

Also, these are the capabilities that I am using (let me know if these aren't the ideal options to use)

```elixir
    %{
      javascriptEnabled: false,
      loadImages: false,
      version: "",
      rotatable: false,
      takesScreenshot: true,
      cssSelectorsEnabled: true,
      nativeEvents: false,
      platform: "ANY",
      unhandledPromptBehavior: "accept",
      loggingPrefs: %{
        browser: "DEBUG"
      },
      chromeOptions: %{
        args: [
          "--no-sandbox",
          "window-size=1280,800",
          "--disable-gpu",
          "--headless",
          "--fullscreen",
          "--user-agent=#{user_agent}" # user agent with metadata for async transactional tests
        ]
      }
    }
```

Other relevant details
M1 Macbook air
chromedriver: ChromeDriver 91.0.4472.101 (af52a90bf87030dd1523486a1cd3ae25c5d76c9b-refs/branch-heads/4472@{#1462})
chrome: Google Chrome 92.0.4515.107
language: Elixir
client library: Wallaby

Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong here, thanks!

Brian Dunn

Feb 14, 2022, 1:12:13 PM2/14/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Had any luck with this? Similar issue, also Wallaby on an M1. Don't have to reboot, but chromedriver stops answering the phone and all tests fail with econnrefused. Maybe a wallaby specific problem, but it would take some doing to concoct another 3+ simultaneous example.

Varun Mukka

Feb 15, 2022, 4:02:16 PM2/15/22
to ChromeDriver Users
We also have this issue happening since Chrome 95, was anyone able to find a solution? Someone resolved the issue by initiating the virtual display for each and every test https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70063074/failing-selenium-tests-on-chrome-in-concurrency-starting-from-chrome-browser-ver

Brian Dunn

Feb 28, 2022, 3:48:23 PM2/28/22
to ChromeDriver Users
Varun is that on MacOS? Do you have chromedriver crash reports in Console? I've done some digging on what is happening on my M1 macbook and opened an issue here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=4045