cannot find Chrome binary

Bill Karnavas

Jul 19, 2023, 5:21:28 PM7/19/23
to ChromeDriver Users
July 18, 2023 - Chrome updated itself on my Mac so I downloaded and installed the new 115 chromedriver.  Now I get the error "cannot find Chrome binary" even though chrome is installed.  The previous 113 chromedriver/chrome 114 were working just fine.
Any hints on what path chromedriver is using to find chrome?  I'm using chrome here to write this message, so it is clearly installed and happy.
Where would I find it's execution log to get more details?

Thanks,

Bill

Carl Thomas

Jul 20, 2023, 5:47:46 AM7/20/23
to ChromeDriver Users
I'm seeing exactly the same thing.  113 and 114 perfectly fine, 115 cannot find the chrome binary.

仲里夢叶

Jul 20, 2023, 6:05:11 AM7/20/23
to ChromeDriver Users
I had the same problem on my Apple silicon Mac.
I am using Selenium and after specifying browserBinary to Chrome path(on my machine: /Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome), the error is gone.
But I don't know why 115 can't find this.
2023年7月20日木曜日 18:47:46 UTC+9 Carl Thomas:

Mathias Bynens

Jul 20, 2023, 6:48:35 AM7/20/23
to 仲里夢叶, ChromeDriver Users
This is https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1466427. We’re working on a fix and will backmerge this as soon as possible. Please star the bug for updates.