Chrome 93

Marc Webster

Sep 3, 2021, 2:58:16 AM9/3/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Hello all

The latest live version of Chrome is 93.0.4577.63, but ChromeDriver is at 93.0.4577.15 - are there any plans to release a new version?

This combo seems to work pretty well when run manually from the command line, but running under task scheduler, it has all sorts of issues, and mostly just hangs when trying to start the browser. About one in five times, it will work.

I'm still digging on this (previously thought it was to do with permissions, temp directories, localhost confusion, etc), but if it's just as simple as needing a new release, I'll hold off.

Thanks,
Marc

Aysun Yilmaz

Sep 3, 2021, 6:28:11 AM9/3/21
to Marc Webster, ChromeDriver Users
is there any open tickets regarding this issue? i am using teamcity and we have the similar issues.

Paul Brandhagen

Sep 3, 2021, 3:56:21 PM9/3/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Same issue for our team... works fine from command prompt, but Windows Task Scheduler can't seem to create a chrome session.
Hoping a new chromedriver (not the one from the end of July) fixes this...

-Paul B

Paul Brandhagen

Sep 3, 2021, 7:12:29 PM9/3/21
to ChromeDriver Users
I just tried using the --disable gpu option in my chromedriver options... and it totally resolved all problems with Windows Task Scheduler
These posts helped me decide to try it

-Paul B

pgcl...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2021, 5:01:19 AM9/9/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Raised similar issue in another thread - https://groups.google.com/g/chromedriver-users/c/COktL3U3zYk

We run our tests under a windows service account.

Will try the --disable gpu and update

Ideally this would not be required.

Vivek Verma

Sep 9, 2021, 5:41:14 AM9/9/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Similar issue we faced , while executing test from jenkins..., with disable gpu , we are able to resolve it.

Marc Webster

Sep 9, 2021, 6:18:55 AM9/9/21
to ChromeDriver Users
Thanks Paul, I'd scoured StackOverflow before posting, but somehow didn't see that one. That sorts it, thanks - we may make this the default setup for future.

pgcl...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2021, 11:44:12 AM9/9/21
to ChromeDriver Users

Update