Chrome Driver

Les Gunter

Oct 25, 2022, 11:29:19 AM10/25/22
to ChromeDriver Users
The latest windows version of Chrome is 106 but the latest webdriver is 107 and when I use the autoinstall module in python, it automatically downloads 107 so I can't run my application.

Andrew Lyons

Oct 25, 2022, 8:43:19 PM10/25/22
to Les Gunter, ChromeDriver Users
Sounds like a problem with the python autoinstaller. Without knowing what you're using, and how you're installing it, it's not really possible to suggest much.

The latest stable version of Chrome is 107 (released yesterday), but Chrome 106 is still available, and chromedriver 108 will soon be released because Chrome 108 will soon be available.

Your tooling (python autoinstall) is the problem because it is just fetching the latest stable (presumably) version of chromedriver, and it is not actually checking what version of chrome you are using.