Easy way to use Spanish accents on Chromebook?

Liji Waite

Jan 1, 2014, 10:36:20 PM1/1/14
to chromeboo...@googlegroups.com
The only way that I have found to use Spanish accents is by going to settings and setting the keyboard to Spanish.  The problem that I encounter is that I need to use my Chromebook for work and have to communicate with my colleagues in English.  So, when I want to type in English I have to go to settings and set the keyboard to English, then restart the Chromebook so the new settings take effect.  I have to repeat the process when I want to type in Spanish.
There has to be a less cumbersome way to use Spanish accents.  Right?

tmacdonald

Jan 2, 2014, 9:55:30 AM1/2/14
to chromeboo...@googlegroups.com
Our students in Spanish classes use the US International Keyboard -- here is a post with more info and the shortcuts for specific accents: http://www.pocketables.com/2012/12/chrome-os-tip-change-the-keyboard-layout-quickly-to-access-foreign-characters.html

--
NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Tina Heizman

Jan 2, 2014, 10:36:54 AM1/2/14
to chromeboo...@googlegroups.com
You can alternate between the the two keyboard layouts (US keyboard and US international keyboard by pressing Shift+Alt

On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 9:36:20 PM UTC-6, Liji Waite wrote:
The only way that I have found to use Spanish accents is by going to settings and setting the keyboard to Spanish.  The problem that I encounter is that I need to use my Chromebook for work and have to communicate with my colleagues in English.  So, when I want to type in English I have to go to settings and set the keyboard to English, then restart the Chromebook so the new settings take effect.  I have to repeat the process when I want to type in Spanish.
There has to be a less cumbersome way to use Spanish accents.  Right?

NON-CONFIDENTIAL
This email message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because they may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this email by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are soley those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Merton Community School District. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.