Display already existing tags as a tooltip

1 view

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 18, 2010, 8:34:00 PM4/18/10
to chromium-extensions-delicious-bookmarks
Hi,

How about showing tags that are already set for the current page as
button's tooltip?
Many times I click the "Tag" button only to discover I already have
set the tag for this page and .. forgot I did it.

If extension button displays "Tag1 Tag2" tooltip instead of current
"Save in Delicious" when I hover it with mouse - I will see current
page's tags right away and will probably save the needless clicking
and "Save a Bookmark" window opening.

What do you think?

Vivek

Apr 19, 2010, 4:44:29 AM4/19/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are on Dev channel the syncing of bookmarks will be disabled because of the HTML5 API bug

But if you are on stable channel, the color of tag button changes to blue when you are on a page that is already tagged.

HTH

Regards,
Vivek

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 19, 2010, 5:13:50 AM4/19/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks! I'm on Dev channel and I hope the bug will be fixed and sync will start working again.

But how about displaying the tags on tooltip when hovering it with mouse?
Seems to me it would be very comfortable to review them very quickly this way.
--
Best regards,
Evgeny

Vivek

Apr 19, 2010, 7:22:39 AM4/19/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I liked this idea!

Will definitely propose this as an enhancement.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Vivek