Chrome plugin

JingRan Wang

Aug 4, 2010, 12:04:18 AM8/4/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wish to adapt an NPAPI plugin to work with google chrome on Windows. The plugin works in firefox but when used in chrome I get an error “missing plug-in” in the webpage.

My work is like this: Using an npapi example (http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/modules/plugin/samples/npruntime/) to generate the dll file---->generate manifest.json file---->generate crx file using Chrome browser.

Then locally install my crx, success.

But when I call my plugin in a webpage like this:
<embed type="application/mozilla-nprt-plugin" id="nprt" name="nprt" style="width: 1px; height: 1px;"></embed>
The page can’t recognize my plugin now.

Could you give me some suggestion or pointers of how to make the plugin work with chrome?

Thank you very much.

-Jingran