Allow an option to visit Delicious when tagging a new page

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 22, 2010, 9:54:00 PM4/22/10
to chromium-extensions-delicious-bookmarks
Hi,

It so happens sometimes that when I tag a new page with "newTag" - I
would like to review or preview what do I have stored in Delicious for
that tag, to choose a better tag, probably.
So may be the extension could provide a way to either go to
http://delicious.com/me/newTag or make a preview of what's there for
the tag being typed right now.
Something like that - http://goo.gl/wKvd where I can probably right-
click the tag and choose "Visit Delicious for this tag" or "Preview
Delicious for this tag" where
the second option would be a thumbnail preview.

Bringing it in pair with the previous suggestion, to display tags that
available on the page inside the tooltip (http://goo.gl/BHo0), the
right click may be added
to those tooltip tags as well.

So I can visit/preview Delicious for tag XYZ very quickly when tagging
a new page or visiting a page that is already tagged.

Vivek

Apr 23, 2010, 2:13:28 AM4/23/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the feature request.

However opening a new page will close the popup in Chrome as the focus will be lost.

But I think it would be good feature for Firefox addon. User Ctrl+click on any tag in save bookmark dialog will open that tag on delicious.com

And for tooltip right click there are no APIs supported by Chrome as of now.

Keep them coming :)

Regards,
Vivek

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 24, 2010, 11:20:28 AM4/24/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
However opening a new page will close the popup in Chrome as the focus will be lost.
But I think it would be good feature for Firefox addon. User Ctrl+click on any tag in save bookmark dialog will open that tag on delicious.com

Right, I also thought later that rather than right-clicking the tabs - they may become a clickable "links" as they're typed.
When I start typing - it's not a link yet, but if I type or choose an existing tag - then it becomes a clickable link.
When clicked - new tab is opened. As for loosing the focus - if the modal window can stay there after tab is opened then it's good.
If it can't and really has to go away - it may return with the same tags typed if I come back to the original page and click extension's button again to add a Delicious tag.
Same way it happens with Tweetings extension - when I type the text and switch the tab in the process, their windows is going away.
But when I click Tweetings's button again - the text I've typed a minute ago is there, it's remembered. So I don't really mind if this window closes
since it's restored with the same data very quickly.

Same for "tooltip tags" - they may be a clickable links as well.

Keep them coming :)

Absolutely! Many thanks for listening.