Chrome Extension auto update should not interrupt my browsing by opening the Quick Tour

Douglas Thrift

Apr 12, 2010, 6:01:38 PM4/12/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
I was minding my own business browsing in Chrome when all of the sudden
a new tab opened and pulled me away from my browsing to the Chrome
Extension Quick Tour. Apparently, the extension has been upgraded from
0.993 to 0.995 (automatic upgrading of extensions without a browser
restart is a great feature of Chrome), but the upgrade SHOULD NOT
interrupt my browsing. Hopefully the next automatic upgrade won't
interrupt me in such a way.

Thanks!
--
Douglas William Thrift
<dougl...@gmail.com>

Vivek

Apr 13, 2010, 12:28:07 AM4/13/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!
This is just an effort to let our users know what is new with the upgrade, otherwise there is no way we could tell users about new features added to the addon or fixed major issues.

But you have a valid point which is, until there are big changes to tell users about do open just quick tour page.

I will make sure the quick tour page doesnt come to your browsing again.

Regards,
Vivek

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 13, 2010, 2:37:37 AM4/13/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any estimation about dev Chrome support?
I'm using a bookmarklet which is good enough, but a proper integration would be much better, of course.

Thank you!
--
Best regards,
Evgeny

Vivek

Apr 13, 2010, 4:16:21 AM4/13/10
to chromium-extensions-delicious-bookmarks
Hi,

The latest addon version in gallery now supports dev Chrome.

Proper integration is only possible after Chrome implements required
APIs for sidebar, toolbar, cookie handling, context menus etc.

Lets wait till the time!

Regards,
Vivek

On Apr 13, 11:37 am, Evgeny Goldin <evge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any estimation about dev Chrome support?
> I'm using a bookmarklet which is good enough, but a proper integration would
> be much better, of course.
>
> Thank you!
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:28, Vivek <mvivekana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Thanks for your feedback!
> > This is just an effort to let our users know what is new with the upgrade,
> > otherwise there is no way we could tell users about new features added to
> > the addon or fixed major issues.
>
> > But you have a valid point which is, until there are big changes to tell
> > users about do open just quick tour page.
>
> > I will make sure the quick tour page doesnt come to your browsing again.
>
> > Regards,
> > Vivek
>

> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Douglas Thrift <douglas...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I was minding my own business browsing in Chrome when all of the sudden
> >> a new tab opened and pulled me away from my browsing to the Chrome
> >> Extension Quick Tour. Apparently, the extension has been upgraded from
> >> 0.993 to 0.995 (automatic upgrading of extensions without a browser
> >> restart is a great feature of Chrome), but the upgrade SHOULD NOT
> >> interrupt my browsing. Hopefully the next automatic upgrade won't
> >> interrupt me in such a way.
>
> >> Thanks!
> >> --
> >> Douglas William Thrift

> >> <douglas...@gmail.com>

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 13, 2010, 4:23:45 AM4/13/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
Oh, great, I see it. Cool!

So may be you can remove " 'Dev' (i.e. non-final) builds of Google Chrome are not supported"

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 13, 2010, 8:49:23 AM4/13/10
to chrome-d...@googlegroups.com
It works on Windows 7 and Ubuntu with latest Chrome dev.
Thanks' a lot, guys!

Vivek

Apr 13, 2010, 12:07:07 PM4/13/10
to chromium-extensions-delicious-bookmarks
Yes. I will remove that message on Friday.
Planned to wait for a bad news (if any) till the time ;)

Regards,
Vivek

On Apr 13, 5:49 pm, Evgeny Goldin <evge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It works on Windows 7 and Ubuntu with latest Chrome dev.
> Thanks' a lot, guys!
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:23, Evgeny Goldin <evge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh, great, I see it. Cool!
>
> > So may be you can remove " 'Dev' (i.e. non-final) builds of Google Chrome
> > are not supported"
> > from

> >https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/lnejbeiilmbliffhdepeobjem...

Evgeny Goldin

Apr 13, 2010, 12:11:30 PM4/13/10
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 19:07, Vivek <mvivek...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. I will remove that message on Friday.
Planned to wait for a bad news (if any) till the time ;)

Oh no, it's final now :)