Target.setAutoAttach seam to have no effect wnat am I doing wrong?

David Xanatos

Dec 8, 2017, 1:04:10 PM12/8/17
to chrome-debugging-protocol
Hi!

I wanted to debug some popUp tabs, so i used  Target.setAutoAttach with autoAttach set to true, but it does not seam to do anything, i still need to attach the debugger "manually" from within the targetCreated event.

My problem with the manual way is that I loose the first few network requests :/

is there a sample how to properly debug new targets?

how is setAutoAttachsuposed to work?

Dmitry Gozman

Dec 8, 2017, 1:09:46 PM12/8/17
to David Xanatos, chrome-debugging-protocol
Hi,

Target.setAutoAttach does not work on popups.
Unfortunately, currently there is no way to attach early enough to not miss first network requests. We are working on it though.

Thanks,
Dmitry

David Xanatos

Dec 8, 2017, 1:48:02 PM12/8/17
to chrome-debugging-protocol
ok I see,
so on what is setAutoAttach to be used for?

Dmitry Gozman