Confused about id field

Niranjan Rao

Jan 22, 2024, 7:56:12 PMJan 22
to chrome-debugging-protocol

Greetings,

It was my understanding that id field in the json of methods is unique and should be generated by client. This is also mentioned at https://github.com/aslushnikov/getting-started-with-cdp/blob/master/README.md#targets--sessions.

On the other hand many methods of DeviceAccess such as DeviceAccess.cancelPrompt do have id as a parameter which would result in overwriting original unique id field mentioned above.

Any thoughts about how to keep track of responses received from browser when id field is changing?

Regards,

Niranjan

--
Niranjan Rao | Sr.Architect
he/his

Niranjan Rao

Jan 22, 2024, 8:15:35 PMJan 22
to chrome-debugging-protocol

My mistake. I somehow overlooked params field. There's is no issue.

Regards,

Niranjan