remote-debugging-pipe and CBOR

Fabien Picarougne

May 3, 2023, 2:59:16 AM5/3/23
to chrome-debugging-protocol
Hi everyone,
I read in the documentation that remote-debugging-pipe flag accepts CBOR messages. But I can't find information on how send messages in CBOR encoding. Is there a special initialization message telling Chrome to use this encoding?
Kind regards
Fabien

Andrey Kosyakov

May 3, 2023, 6:41:25 PM5/3/23
to Fabien Picarougne, chrome-debugging-protocol
Hi Fabien,

There's no special messages, just pass --remote-debugging-pipe=cbor and CDP will both emit and expect messages in the CBOR format. That said, we don't guarantee interoperability with any particular CBOR implementation and this more is rather experimental, so use at your own risk.

Best regards,
Andrey.