How to bring the window to the top (in version 1.2)

Jim Bell

Sep 28, 2020, 10:31:33 AM9/28/20
to chrome-debugging-protocol
I'd like to bring the target window to the top when I start my session.  Is there a command to do that in version 1.2?

I'm running in Windows, so if I could get the native window handle, I could manipulate it from there.

Thanks!

Andrey Kosyakov

Sep 28, 2020, 11:43:06 AM9/28/20
to Jim Bell, chrome-debugging-protocol
Hi Jim,

not in 1.2, AFAIK, but please note version 1.3 is now current, and it has Target.activateTarget that is supposed to do what you need.
We generally do not expose platform-dependent implementation internals such as window handles in the protocol.

Best regards,
Andrey.

Jim Bell

Sep 29, 2020, 9:34:37 AM9/29/20
to chrome-debugging-protocol
Andrey,

Thanks for the answer. I'm now using Target.activateTarget(), and it puts that tab on top, but doesn't put the browser window at the top of the desktop's z-order.  Is there something that would do that?

Using "GET /json/activate/{targetId}" has the same effect.

PS: I was misleading myself on my version number, using the deprecated Schema domain instead of /json/protocol/. I'm using v1.3 after all.