Best way to get variable names and their values available in a callFrame?

Nishant Das Patnaik

Jul 10, 2017, 2:40:35 PM7/10/17
to chrome-debugging-protocol
Hi,

I'm pretty new to debugging with Chrome Debugging Protocol and I'm using the chrome-remote-interface Node.js module to getting started. As I'm playing around with it, I wanted to know if it is even possible to get the variable names and their values for a specific callFrame while the debugger is paused. And if it is, what would be the best way to do so?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Nishant
Message has been deleted

Benedikt Meurer

Jun 17, 2024, 3:04:31 AM (13 days ago) Jun 17
to Ayush, chrome-debugging-protocol
The Debugger.paused event comes with a `callFrames` array, and each Debugger.CallFrame holds a `scopes` array, which in turn holds an `object` that contains the variables and their values.

HTH,
Benedikt

On Sun, Jun 16, 2024 at 3:20 PM Ayush <aayu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish there was a reply here as  I am also stuck in the same issue. Did you make any progress with it Nishant?

Regards, Ayush

Benedikt Meurer

Chrome DevTools Manager

bme...@google.com

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Message has been deleted