Target.createBrowserContext -> Not allowed

78san...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2022, 9:18:53 AM10/28/22
to chrome-debugging-protocol
When I call this method, as a result I get an error: "Not allowed".
For clarity, I make this call to the "Protocol monitor" in browser debugger with the following data set:
{"id":1,"method":"Target.createBrowserContext","params":{}}
The result is exactly the same as seen in the picture:
not_allowed.jpg

The method description states that all parameters are optional and there are no additional explanations. So I'm following the instructions correctly. But instead of any result I get an error.

Browser build version -  107.0.5304.88.

Please tell me what is the reason?

Ophir Back

Oct 30, 2022, 5:20:28 AM10/30/22
to chrome-debugging-protocol
I used to get it as well. The reason is that only the browser endpoint is allowed to create browser contexts.
When you try to do it from the protocol monitor, you are actually connected to the page target endpoint.
You can connect to the browser endpoint manually with libraries such as Chrome Remote Interface (for Node.JS) or many others (Puppeteer / Playwright for high level operations).
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Brent Bryan

Jan 16, 2023, 12:06:06 AM1/16/23
to chrome-debugging-protocol
i read all the deleted ones in my email and understand the cypher.  you are criminals who will burn in hell