Autofill v8.0.0

thdoan

Apr 28, 2018, 5:13:34 AM4/28/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi everyone, just a heads up that Autofill version 8 will drop in the next couple days ^_^. This major release is probably the largest overhaul since version 6 was released, but most of the improvements are under the hood to prepare for the future. Three of the bigger changes that will be immediately beneficial to you:
  1. You are no longer limited to 5 MB of data. Autofill has migrated to a new storage API, which means you can pretty much store an unlimited number of rules now. However, if you plan to have over 1000 rules, I would categorize them into different profiles (categories) or it can take a long time to load the Form Fields table in Options.
  2. Hotkeys, hotkeys, hotkeys! This is a long time coming. You can now assign any profile a custom hotkey (instead of only the first ten being hardcoded Alt+1 to Alt+0). Please let me know in the comments if you also want to see a configurable global hotkey to bring up an "Execute Profile" dropdown menu overlay from any web page. I didn't think it was necessary because now you can right-click on the extension icon to execute profiles as well.
  3. Profile duplication. By popular demand, profiles can now be duplicated directly from the extension (Manage Profiles dialog) instead of doing the spreadsheet workaround.
Last but not least, I've added a Donate link under the Support tab in case you guys want to support my work. I've had numerous people ask to donate over the years, but my answer was always "Sorry, cannot" since there was no official way to donate until now.

NOTE: There is one change that may break some of your rules: starting with v8.0.0, autofill rules for multi-select menus that match against the text/value will need to be double-quoted. This change was required because some option items can have the pipe character in their 'value' attribute, which was causing a conflict. Now you'll be able to autofill these as well, e.g.:

<select>
  <option value="a|b">A or B</option>
  <option value="c|d">C or D</option>
  <option value="e|f">E or F</option>
</select>

To select the first and third items, you would enter one of the following in the Value column:

"a|b"|"e|f"
-or-
0|2

Another thing to be aware of is that pressing the ESC key while a dialog (lightbox overlay) is open is now equivalent to a "cancel" action to adhere to standard dialog behavior. This means that when you make changes in the Manage Profiles dialog, pressing ESC (or clicking anywhere outside the dialog) will discard your changes instead of saving them as it did prior to version 8.

As always, it's a good idea to back up your rules on a regular basis by exporting your data to a CSV file (see the Import/Export section in the online docs if you need help).

Now that the hard work is done, I can finally begin to port this over to Firefox Quantum within the next couple weeks.

thdoan

May 1, 2018, 2:48:26 AM5/1/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
UPDATE: I'm going to be out of town for a week, so I'll publish v8 when I get back since I don't want to release it while I'm away in case there are any major bugs that require immediate attention. Thanks for the patience.

thdoan

May 10, 2018, 3:25:47 AM5/10/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
UPDATE 2: By popular request, I'm going to add two more enhancements to v8:
  • ability to set delay at the rule level
  • ability to set overwrite flag at the rule level
This is going to require a bit more coding and testing, so I plan to release v8 the coming Monday instead.

Thanks for the ongoing patience,
Tom

wade.b...@scs.school

May 18, 2018, 4:22:51 PM5/18/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hello thdoan,

I really think this is a great extension!! I was wondering if it is/would be possible to have this extension pull from a remote location. Here is what I'd like to do. I'm the Sys Admin for a school. We use standardized testing this requires the students to navigate to a website, enter the test session name (which we assign in advance) then enter a test session pin code this is given provided when we start a test. Next the student finds and selects there name from a drop down list, they click next, then Yes to confirm and they are ready to test. This process isn't too bad for 2nd grade and up but our Kindergarten and 1st grade students struggle getting everything entered correctly. If the Autofill extension was able to auto import the field information for a user when the browser opens, I could pre-populate all the info for each student so that when they navigate to the test website it would simply Autofill everything for them and save our teachers a great deal of time correcting input errors.

Thank you so much!
Wade

thdoan

May 18, 2018, 8:31:04 PM5/18/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Wade,

That's a very interesting suggestion -- thanks for sending this in :-).

I haven't really investigated pulling in autofill rules from an external location, but what do you have in mind? Something like a Dropbox or Google Drive?

Tom

wade.b...@scs.school

May 18, 2018, 8:35:06 PM5/18/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks for your quick response. Yeah, a csv file stored in Google Drive seems like the easiest if it possible. This would be awesome if you could make it work!! Thanks for even considering it!!!

Wade

20eme...@student.wcasd.net

May 19, 2018, 4:16:54 PM5/19/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
hello i am concerned about the priacy of my information. Is there some sort of encryption so no one can steal my info

thdoan

May 20, 2018, 4:54:57 PM5/20/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, there is NO encryption. Please do not use Autofill to store your passwords or other sensitive info if you share your computer with other people because the data is in the clear (if you know where to look).

thdoan

May 20, 2018, 6:42:57 PM5/20/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Autofill v8.0.0 has finally been released!

Full changelog:
  • Migrated to new storage API (5 MB restriction removed)
  • Added ability to set a custom hotkey for each profile
  • Added Mode column to set fill method
  • Added ability to duplicate profiles
  • Added option to also delete rules when deleting a profile
  • Added ability to add new profile from Move Rule dialog
  • Added row highlight when moving rules
  • Added support for AngularJS fields ('ng-model' attribute)
  • Added support for Knockout fields ('data-bind' attribute)
  • Added support for input fields inside inline iframes
  • Added data size in storage (next to version number)
  • Added "Preparing data..." status when importing
  • Added backup support for rich text editors
  • Added FAQ link in Support tab
  • Added Rate link in Support tab
  • Added Donate link in Support tab
  • Changed default backup character threshold to 30
  • Text/Value matches for <select> now require double quotes
  • Improved Form Fields row highlighting
  • Improved column header tooltip text and positioning
  • Improved Alt+D shortcut to allow continuous deletion
  • Improved button states in Manage Profiles dialog
  • Improved drag-and-drop rule reordering to autoscroll
  • Improved scalable rules table code
  • Improved attribute matching code
  • Improved simulation of user input when autofilling
  • Improved port communication code
  • Improved debugging output and error notification
  • Increased profile name character limit to 60
  • Increased area for right-click context menu
  • Optimized event handling in Form Fields tab
  • Rearranged lightbox buttons to be consistent
  • Reduced memory consumption for large Form Fields table
  • Removed hard-coded "use strict" from JavaScript rules
  • Removed Regular Expressions lookbehind hack (no longer required)
  • Removed backup profiles from context menu and Move Rule dialog
  • Removed 'tabindex' greater than 0 (best practice)
  • Removed unused FAQ styles
  • Renamed Manage Profiles i18n button labels
  • Replaced fuzzy label matching with 'for' attribute matching
  • Updated to latest standards-compliant flexbox CSS
  • Updated wizard to prioritize 'id' over 'name' attribute
  • Updated wizard to use 'value' attribute for <select> fields
  • Updated to use trim() to strip leading/trailing spaces
  • Fixed site filter not carried over when moving certain rules
  • Fixed rule ID reset after importing (breaks reference variables)
  • Fixed issue importing tab-delimited data
  • Fixed options not syncing to wizard when it's active
  • Fixed a wizard rule generation bug
  • Fixed not able to generate rules for empty fields
  • Fixed minor page jump when expanding text boxes
  • Fixed Name field wiped when selecting Type = JavaScript
  • Fixed long profile name bleeding outside the button in All profile
  • Fixed button label not updated after moving rule in All profile
  • Fixed checkboxes with duplicate 'name' attribute not autofilled
  • Fixed some fields not autofilled when switching profiles
  • Fixed auto-select rules with pipe-separated list of values
  • Fixed inaccurate autofill count for multi-select lists
  • Fixed incorrect initial value for multi-select lists
  • Fixed nested double quotes issue in Password fields
  • Fixed not able to navigate using keyboard in Password fields
  • Fixed MutationObserver error in rare cases
  • Fixed error status not cleared when switching profile
  • Fixed iframe autofilling conflict with delay setting
  • Fixed reload error when extension is updated in the background
  • Fixed rule autofilled twice in rare cases
  • Fixed incorrect icon badge count in some cases
  • Fixed incorrect infobar label in some cases
  • Fixed autofill conflict with backup option
  • Fixed generating rule for wrong field in some cases
  • Fixed "Overwrite by default" option not honored
  • Fixed duplicate events firing in some cases
  • Fixed inconsistent status background colors
  • Fixed profile list rule count incorrect in some cases
  • Fixed toggling scalable table breaks row drag-and-drop
  • Fixed invalid tab.id error in rare cases
  • Fixed invalid JSON locale format
This is a major release with many things pulled out and rewritten, so if you encounter any bugs please create a new thread to report them.

ccra...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 12:32:13 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
My autofill has stopped working this evening. I have reinstalled several times. Updated Chrome. Restarted computer. Cleared all data from browser. Ran CCleaner and Malware Bytes.  Not sure what is going on? When I click on the Options it just goes to a blank page now.  I use autofill for work so this is really becoming a problem. Any suggestions on how to get it to work again? It's just greyed out in my browser, no longer yellow.
Message has been deleted

patch...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 2:37:11 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I have the same problem i click on the Options it just goes to a blank page after update v8.0 on chrome windows and macos
Message has been deleted

frank....@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 4:08:14 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
It is also not working for me - none of my existing rules were working anymore, so I deleted them, unitnstalled, reinstalled, and restarted Chrome.

Now when I click to add new rules, nothing happens, no status bar.

This is a real shame, this is such a great Add-On!

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 6:36:54 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi guys, I'm sorry Autofill is not working for you :(. I'm not sure what is going on as my other computers got updated to v8.0.0 also without any issues, so I cannot reproduce this issue on my end.

In any case, you guys can revert to the previous version (v7.8.0) by following the steps here:

It seems that every time I update Autofill it stops working completely for some people, but I could never figure out why. Could you help me troubleshoot this once and for all by trying the following (if you haven't already done so):

1. Uninstall Autofill (be sure to export your data to a CSV first)
2. Clear your browser cache
3. Reinstall Autofill

You shouldn't have to reinstall Chrome or anything drastic.

Also, if you have other computers (like at work), could you try to install Autofill v8 to see if it works from a clean install? If the work computer already has Autofill installed, was it updated to v8 properly?

Thanks,
Tom

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 6:51:42 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
For everyone having issues, please do the following to help me troubleshoot:
  1. Turn off the Autofill extension in chrome://extensions.
  2. Turn Autofill back on.
  3. Click on "background page".
  4. Click on the Console tab in the Developer Tools window.
  5. There's a dropdown menu to the right of Filter -- make sure it's set to Default.
  6. Do you see any errors in the console? If yes, report it here; if no, continue to step 7.
  7. Go to any web page and press F5 to reload.
  8. Right-click on the page and select Autofill / Autofill Options.
  9. If the Options page is blank, press F12 to bring up Developer Tools again.
  10. Do you see any errors in the console? If yes, report it here.

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 6:57:59 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
If still no errors after step 10 above, there's one other thing you can try:

Go to Chrome Settings and sign out of your account; then sign in again. There are reports that this might help.

wdmf...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:03:53 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
/forum/#!forum/chrome-autofill:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: e is not defined
    at <anonymous>:1:35
    at <anonymous>:1:102
6Error in response to storage.get: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at Object.callback (<URL>)
    at <URL>
    at init (<URL>)
    at <URL>

在 2018年5月21日星期一 UTC+8下午6:51:42,thdoan写道:
For everyone having issues, please do the following to help me troubleshoot:
  1. Turn off the Autofill extension in chrome://extensions.
  2. Turn Autofill back on.
  3. Click on "background page".
  4. Click on the Console tab in the Developer Tools window.
  5. There's a dropdown menu to the right of Filter -- make sure it's set to Default.
  6. Do you see any errors in the console? If yes, report it here; if no, continue to step 7.
  7. Go to any web page and press F5 to reload.
  8. Right-click on the page and select Autofill / Autofill Options.
  1. If press F12 to bring up Developer Tools again.

frank....@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:08:02 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Tom,

I have the following Errors;

Error in response to storage.get: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at Object.callback (chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:225)
    at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:71
    at init (chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:24)
    at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:14854
login.salesforce.com/17181/logo180.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
main.js:3 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'create' of undefined
    at main.js:3
sessionserver212.html:1 Error in response to storage.get: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at Object.callback (chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:225)
    at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:71
    at init (chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:24)
    at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:14854

Hope this helps! Thanks for responding :)

Kind Regards
Frank

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:18:38 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi wdmfdl123, do you see any errors on the extension's background page? Example:

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:21:11 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying different pages but all my rules are autofilling fine. Can you check the console for the Autofill background page to see if there are errors? (see my response to wdmfdl123 for a screenshot)

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:23:30 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi guys,

Could you please try the accepted solution on here:

Basically you need to disable EVERY extension in Chrome, then re-enable them. It turns out there is a known bug when an extension is updated it can sometimes break (doh!) -- see https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=544182

wdmf...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:26:43 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

There was no error, but the ninth step started to go wrong
在 2018年5月21日星期一 UTC+8下午7:18:38,thdoan写道:

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:30:12 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

frank....@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:30:53 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Tom,

No Errors showing on the background page, as attached; I have disabled every extension and then just re-enabled Autofill and it still isn't playing ball i'm afraid!
Autofill.JPG

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:38:28 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Frank, try disabling every extension, then re-enable every extension, with Autofill being the last one you re-enable.

Also, this will verify whether you face the https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=544182 bug:

This returns the chrome object that is used by the extension. According to the bug, sometimes after an extension is updated, the chrome object doesn't contain all of the required properties. If you expand chrome.runtime and chrome.storage.local, it should look like this:

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 4:30:53 AM UTC-7, frank.southee wrote:
Hi Tom,

ccra...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:44:15 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thank you for all the help. Nothing has worked. I am trying to go back to the previous version but I can't figure out how to unzip the dropbox file so that I can load it into extensions. When I right click on it it doesn't say to unzip. When I save as it just saves as an html file.

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:47:58 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
From Dropbox, select Direct Download to download the zip. Then follow the instructions on http://www.tohodo.com/autofill/help-chrome.html#faq-q18

I'm not sure if you've been following the discussions, but have you tried to disable all extensions and re-enable them? We're shooting in the dark here because I can't reproduce this issue :-(.

It's fine to stay on 7.8.0, but it kinda sucks because it won't bet auto-updated (maybe that's a good thing considering.... ;)

frank....@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:48:11 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks Tom,

I have given all of that a go - Extension is still showing as grey, I cannot add rules for page/field (Or indeed open the options page).

I have attached my outputs for chrome.runtime and chrome.storage.local.

Thanks
Frank
Chrome.storagelocal.jpg
Chrome.runtime.JPG

ccra...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:51:51 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

Thanks, I will try this.  Yes I have done everything else in here. Turned everything off and back on again, with autofill being last.    I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the latest Chrome update, cause my LinkClump addon is also greyed out and not working now.

wdmf...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:58:50 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I tried to disable all extensions and re-enable them, but still blank pages, not working.

在 2018年5月21日星期一 UTC+8下午7:47:58,thdoan写道:

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 7:59:58 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I'm not sure what's going on, but there might be two separate things at play here:

1. Every time an extension is updated, the extension can break for some Chrome installations.
2. Every time Chrome itself is updated, it can break some extensions also (I've experienced this with Evernote).

The thing that really sucks is it only happens for some users, so it's a paint to troubleshoot.

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 8:02:48 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi guys, I'm off to bed now, so there won't be anymore responses from me today.

Again, I'm sorry you are having trouble after the update. I suggest for the time being reverting to v7.8.0; then when Chrome is updated to v67 or whatever the next version is then you can try to install v8.0.0 from the Chrome Store again.

Tom

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 8:06:03 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Before I leave, I would like to ask for one last thing: if anyone has a backup CSV with non-sensitive data, please provide it here (or upload it somewhere and send me a link) so that I can import your data to see if I can replicate the issue that way.

Thanks,
Tom

frank....@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 9:06:25 AM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Tom, thanks for taking the time to post responses, it is much appreciated.

Sleep Well!
KR
Frank

jmcelr...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 12:44:47 PM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Just wanted to let you know that I re-set everything this morning...uninstalled all of my extensions, etc, re-installed, and same issues are occurring.

Will check back for updates!

Thanks alot!

lui...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 1:17:08 PM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I was analizing autofill.js and i think that the problem is in the length of vector of exceptions.

Please, change lines in orange:

 else{for(bException=!1,r=0;r<i.exceptions.length;++r)
 else{for(bException=!0,r=0;r<i.exceptions.length;++r)

because you are trying to catch the length exceptions even when length is 0.

Saqif Ali

May 21, 2018, 1:20:23 PM5/21/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
How do I do this??

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 4:43:53 PM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi all,

I just released a hotfix (v8.0.1). Please wait until Autofill auto-updates (or remove it and reinstall manually from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autofill/nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk). Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Tom

thdoan

May 21, 2018, 4:46:06 PM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
It takes awhile for the extension to finish publishing, so if you get a 404 error page when trying to reinstall it from the store, then try again in 30 minutes.

wdmf...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 11:00:59 PM5/21/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks, autofill can be used

在 2018年5月22日星期二 UTC+8上午4:46:06,thdoan写道:

allencar...@gmail.com

May 22, 2018, 5:11:21 AM5/22/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
My previous script seems to still not be working even after the hotfix. Any idea?

thdoan

May 22, 2018, 5:16:09 AM5/22/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, to help troubleshoot, what do you mean by "script" and what exactly is not working -- the autofilling portion or accessing the Options page?

If autofilling is not working, would it be possible to export your data (rules) to a CSV file and email me or paste it here?

jbsch...@henrico.k12.va.us

May 22, 2018, 8:30:59 AM5/22/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
This fixed the problem for me! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whit...@brigidine.qld.edu.au

May 22, 2018, 10:22:57 PM5/22/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Since the update I seem to have an issue where it fills the fields with "undefined". This site for an example as a test:

thdoan

May 23, 2018, 3:23:33 AM5/23/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, to help troubleshoot can you send me the rules for this site? (you can click Export and paste the data here)

A A

May 23, 2018, 3:44:40 AM5/23/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Its okay now, i just had to create new autofil profiles this time which i dont mind. Although old profiles didnt work anymore.

Thanks

ser...@gmail.com

May 23, 2018, 6:27:07 AM5/23/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hello
i have a web page with rich text fields wich was compiled by the old version.
In this new version the compilation of rich text fields no longer works , though i've saved a new profile.
What is gone wrong ?
Thanks and bye
Sergio Paganini

thdoan

May 23, 2018, 7:26:45 AM5/23/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Sergio, can you try generate the rule for this rich field again? (fill it out and click on Autofill icon)

If still doesn't work with newly generated rule, then please provide a URL and tell me which field want to autofill and I'll take a look.

Sergio Paganini

May 23, 2018, 8:07:47 AM5/23/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick answer,
tried to generate new profile, in the profile there is the RichText$ field
but as you execute the profile, no text are inserted.

the URL is http://otrs.tbsit.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketPhone but to use it you must logon , and i can't give you the credential.
I provide a screeenshot of the Inspection page, hope this helps, otherwise tell me .

Thank you again  and bye
sergio

Sergio Paganini

thdoan

whit...@brigidine.qld.edu.au

May 23, 2018, 8:44:05 PM5/23/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Tom,

Below is my export:

Strangley it initially worked but then after all my fields just filled with "undefined"

### AUTOFILL PROFILES ###,,,,,,
Profile ID,Name,Site,Hotkey,,,
### AUTOFILL RULES ###,,,,,,
Rule ID,Type,Name,Value,Site,Mode,Profile
r31
,0,"^01___title$","Mr","roboform.com",1,
r32
,0,"^02frstname$","Jason","roboform.com",1,
r33
,0,"^03middle_i$","J","roboform.com",1,
r34
,0,"^04lastname$","Whitaker","roboform.com",1,
r35
,0,"^04fullname$","Jason Whitakerj","roboform.com",1,
r36
,0,"^05_company$","Brigo","roboform.com",1,
r37
,0,"^06position$","IT Support","roboform.com",1,
### AUTOFILL OPTIONS ###,,,,,,
exceptions
,"[]",,,,,
backup
,0,100,,,,
manual
,0,,,,,
delay
,1,0.5,,,,
labelmatch
,0,,,,,
overwrite
,1,,,,,
vars
,0,,,,,
sound
,1,,,,,
voice
,0,1,,,,
debug
,0,,,,,
mask
,0,,,,,
scale
,1,,,,,
menu
,1,,,,,

thdoan

May 24, 2018, 1:13:26 AM5/24/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi whitakerj, thank you for reporting this and providing the proper info. This should now be fixed in v8.0.7 (it should be auto-updated shortly).

Sergio Paganini

May 24, 2018, 4:22:11 AM5/24/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tom but i prefer to do it otherwise.
Thanks for your interest.
I'can't find where i can donate you .
Bye
Sergio

Sergio Paganini

thdoan

May 24, 2018, 5:24:55 AM5/24/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Sergio,

I please check to see if the problem is still there in v8.0.10 (it should auto-update shortly).

These iframe-based rich text editors are very tricky to autofill, and each one is different from the other, that's why I would like to see the one you're trying to autofill. If you cannot create an account, maybe you can find out what plugin the rich text editor is using. I tried to look at the screenshot you sent to see what plugin it is, but the screenshot is too blurry. Can you attach a higher resolution PNG image or link to it in your reply?

Thanks,
Tom

P.S. I added a Donate link to the Support tab in Options. Thanks so much!

Sergio Paganini

May 24, 2018, 6:09:30 AM5/24/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom
this is the best screenshot i can make, hope this helps.
If it can helps too, the site is made with the freeware otrs.com ticket and process management system.
Thank you again
 Sergio

Sergio Paganini

thdoan

May 24, 2018, 6:35:35 AM5/24/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks, from your screenshot it looks like the widget is ckeditor 3.6.6: https://ckeditor.com/blog/CKEditor-3.6.6-Released/

Great, this is the first step to resolving the problem :-).

I'll download the widget and try to create an autofill rule for it. Stay tuned...

thdoan

May 24, 2018, 8:09:28 PM5/24/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Sergio, I think I managed to fix your issue in v8.0.15 (wait for it to auto-update shortly). Please try generating the rules again and report back.

Thanks,
Tom

whit...@brigidine.qld.edu.au

May 24, 2018, 8:11:49 PM5/24/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Tom,

Thanks the latest update has fixed my issue.

Regards, Jason

Sergio Paganini

May 25, 2018, 2:38:44 AM5/25/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
All works , Tom
Very much appreciated.
Thanks for your work
 Sergio

Sergio Paganini

thdoan

May 25, 2018, 2:40:36 AM5/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Great, I'm glad it's working again :-).

CKEditor 4 doesn't work though, so that's what I'm working on.

One by one, I'll add support for all the popular rich text editors out there.

748...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 9:20:01 AM5/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

Hi dev, you have very nice project, but after updates, it's not work for fill gogoledocs. Can u help with it?

thdoan

May 25, 2018, 2:32:39 PM5/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, to help me test can you please provide a URL to a test form?

748...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 3:23:03 PM5/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Yes, please link

toafr...@gmail.com

May 27, 2018, 2:11:42 AM5/27/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
+1 with the same problem!

thdoan

May 29, 2018, 3:13:50 AM5/29/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, try generate rules again using Autofill v8.1.0 -- it's working for me now, e.g.:

Type = Text
Name = ^entry\.1446756022$
Value = abc

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 11:11:42 PM UTC-7, toafriend27 wrote:
+1 with the same problem!

748...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 9:14:23 AM5/29/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Why I can't use it like before?? Where " name = Email " or another name in text?

thdoan

May 29, 2018, 4:04:12 PM5/29/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Because that "fuzzy label matching" feature was resulting in too many incorrect autofilling and was removed. I have some good news though: after looking at the HTML...

<input type="text" class="quantumWizTextinputPaperinputInput exportInput" jsname="YPqjbf" autocomplete="off" tabindex="0" aria-label="Email" aria-describedby="i.desc.1588065533 i.err.1588065533" name="entry.1446756022" value="" required="" dir="auto" data-initial-dir="auto" data-initial-value="a" aria-invalid="false" badinput="false">

I will be able to introduce a more reliable label matching by supporting the aria-label attribute. Stay tuned for an update to support matching this attribute...

Tom

thdoan

Mr Blakeman

Jun 8, 2018, 9:14:39 AM6/8/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Wow! That sounds great! I’m looking forward to checking it out!!

Thanks!

thdoan

Jun 8, 2018, 1:39:18 PM6/8/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Keep in mind the server hosting the text file needs to have these header responses in order for Autofill to properly retrieve the data:
  • Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
The first header is to prevent the cross-origin error. The second header ensures the text file is served in plain text format (as opposed to HTML).

Also, if you check the auto-import option then remember to restart Chrome to see it in effect.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 3:09 AM thdoan wrote:
[...]

aeroigjaoirgjae...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 11:01:15 PM6/29/20
to Autofill Chrome Extension
My autofill extension not working few days ago, search in google for a long time but still not find a solution. Is there anyone having this problem?
Please let me know if any further information needed.

AutoFill version: 9.5.6
Chrome version: 83.0.4103.116 (64bit)

Error msg
Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:235

Tried but not working
- uninstall and reinstall
- Remove the extension in file explorer and re-download from google store
- disable all extension in chrome and close chrome, then start chrome and enable them back. AutoFill has the same problem.

wdmf...@gmail.com於 2018年5月21日星期一 UTC+8下午7時03分53秒寫道:
[...]

  9. If press F12 to bring up Developer Tools again.

On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 5:13:34 AM UTC-4, thdoan wrote:
[...]

aeroigjaoirgjae...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2020, 11:26:02 PM7/5/20
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Anyone could help?

thdoan於 2018年4月28日星期六 UTC+8下午5時13分34秒寫道:

Praveen Kumar Panjugula

Sep 1, 2020, 2:16:29 PM9/1/20
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi thdoan,
I have a select option "state", which is not working on the following url. Also can you please let me know how can i add multiple job descriptions.
url:

If you could make a video of the select,radio button and also dates  and  multiple job descriptions then this would solve the problem.

Regards,
Praveen