Autofill v9.0.0 released

thdoan

Jun 18, 2018, 5:52:15 PM6/18/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
This will probably be the quietest major release ever, which is a good thing because it means there should be no major bugs :-). Autofill v9 has some changes that I know at least some of you will be happy to see because they have often been requested.
  • First off, the Import/Export section has been moved into its own tab because it was getting lost sitting below Other Stuff options.

  • There is also a new Advanced tab. This is where you can finally do what many of you have been asking for for a long time: configure rule-level options! However, you can do more than that -- you can also configure additional options for profiles. Each line in the Advanced box should contain a set of options for a rule or a profile using this syntax:
profile/site ID: options

Currently, two options are available (there's room for more if the need arises):

delay=0.5-60 – the number of seconds to wait before autofilling; this overrides the global delay option (default is 0)
forcefill=true|false – set to true to always autofill, even when in manual mode (default is false)

Multiple options can be separated by spaces, e.g.:

r1: delay=2 forcefill=true

If you supply a profile ID, then the options will apply to all the rules in that profile; if you supply a rule ID, then the options will apply only to that specific rule. Profile and rule IDs are listed in the first column when you export the data.
  • Lastly, you can now execute a profile from a JavaScript rule. This way you can chain a bunch of profiles together by having one profile execute, then that profile uses a JavaScript rule to execute the next profile, and so on. Here is the function you can use to execute a profile:

    Autofill('profile ID');

    To execute the "All" profile:

    Autofill('all');

    To execute the "Unfiled" profile:

    Autofill('');

Mr. O

Jun 19, 2018, 4:13:32 PM6/19/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi thdoan,
seems like with in version 9.0.0 auto update from URL stopped working. For example: remove all the rules, enter the url, select checkbox for auto import (message settings saved will show up), restart the browser - still no rules. Please check when you have a chance

Thanks!

thdoan

Jun 19, 2018, 5:32:54 PM6/19/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Mr. O,

I just tried it with https://pastebin.com/raw/k5j87pZB and it worked. Make sure your data file has the line in bold below:

### AUTOFILL OPTIONS ###,,,,,,
advanced,"[]",,,,,
exceptions,"[]",,,,,
backup,0,2,,,,
manual,0,,,,,
delay,0,1,,,,
labelmatch,0,,,,,
overwrite,1,,,,,
vars,1,,,,,
sound,1,,,,,
voice,0,1,,,,
debug,0,,,,,
mask,1,,,,,
scale,1,,,,,
menu,1,,,,,

Mr. O

Jun 27, 2018, 4:06:49 PM6/27/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi thdoan,
sorry for the delay. I didn't have the autoimport rule in my exported rules so I added it and it still doesn't work as expected. What steps are you doing to make it work? In my case I delete the rules list then in import export I enter the url then select autoimport checkbox (settings saved notification shows up), I close Chrome and when I open it again my rules list is still empty. In the initial release this worked fine. There is one situation that I was able to make it sort of work. I deleted rules, entered url, selected checkbox for import, clicked import, closed Chrome. Then changed the rules file slightly and opened Chrome. The rules wouldn't change, so I go to import/export, autoimport is unchecked for some reason, so I check it again, restart Chrome and the rules would be updated. But if I closed Chrome now changed back the rules file and opened Chrome the rules wouldn't change again. So it kind of updates the rules only once and you still have to go back to settings to check that option because it becomes unchecked for some reason. Also why do you keep the url as a part of the rules you want to download from that url, seems kind of weird to me :) So when you released the initial version I would just put url in the field, checked the box and rules will always be up to date when Chrome started, seems that it's not a case anymore. I did what I just described with the pastebin link and the rules also wouldn't show up on Chrome start.

Thanks.

shell...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2018, 5:21:56 PM6/27/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi! My company used this extension widely throughout our organization but since the v9 update, it no longer works for us. we've uninstalled and reinstalled it and created all of our profiles again. However, once you go to execute a profile on a page, it no longer works. Please help! This was a HUGE time saver for us and we are lost without it

thdoan

Jul 3, 2018, 12:33:45 AM7/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Shelly, sorry I was out of town the past week. Is Autofill still not working for you? If yes, please provide me with the info outlined in What's the best way to troubleshoot Autofill issues?

thdoan

Jul 4, 2018, 3:37:47 PM7/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Mr. O,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town. Try this:

1. Import this data with no rules (remember to click Save after importing):

### AUTOFILL PROFILES ###,,,,,,
Profile ID,Name,Site,Hotkey,,,
### AUTOFILL RULES ###,,,,,,
Rule ID,Type,Name,Value,Site,Mode,Profile
### AUTOFILL OPTIONS ###,,,,,,
advanced,"[]",,,,,
exceptions,"[]",,,,,
backup,0,2,,,,
manual,0,,,,,
delay,0,1,,,,
labelmatch,0,,,,,
overwrite,1,,,,,
vars,1,,,,,
sound,1,,,,,
voice,0,1,,,,
debug,0,,,,,
mask,1,,,,,
scale,1,,,,,
menu,1,,,,,

2.  Restart Chrome

You should see 45 rules after you restart.

Mr. O

Jul 9, 2018, 4:12:29 PM7/9/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi thdoan,
I tested it and it does load the rules however after restart the checkbox for autoimport is unchecked. So if I change the rules files it won't auto update on restart. Tested on two different machines. Can you take a look?

Thanks.

thdoan

Jul 10, 2018, 1:03:05 PM7/10/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Ahh, I think I see where the problem is: when the browser restarts, the auto-import option should still be checked. The 1 in this line is responsible for enabling auto-import:

autoimport,1,https://pastebin.com/raw/k5j87pZB,,,,

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this issue because the auto-import is checked for me on browser restart. This is a strange one...what OS and Chrome version are you using?

Mtlo Temp

Jul 16, 2018, 11:09:20 AM7/16/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
thdoan,
the version is  67.0.3396.99 and I tested on Win10 and server 2008. However with the new update the behavior changes a little. Now autoimport is checked on Chrome restart but the URL field is blank. Tried with my rules file and your pastebin one. Can you take a look?

Thanks.

thdoan

Jul 16, 2018, 1:14:51 PM7/16/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hmm...this is a head scratcher because I'm using Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I cannot reproduce your issue. Here's a little video I just recorded:

Recent changes have not touched any part of the code related to import/export, so that feature should not be affected. The only thing I can think of is possibly problems with Chrome's extension auto-update feature, which has happened to me before. Can you try to remove all traces of Autofill from your computer (export your data first), then go to the Play Store to install it again. Once you have reinstalled Autofill, try these steps:

1. Go to Import/Export tab
2. Paste https://pastebin.com/raw/k5j87pZB into the URL field and click Import
3. Go to the Fields tab and click Save
5. Restart Chrome (do what I did in the video to be 100% sure all instances of Chrome are closed -- terminate the parent Chrome process in Task Manager)

Mr. O

Jul 25, 2018, 3:40:23 PM7/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thdoan,
I don't know if it's the most recent update but now both url and auto import checkbox are persistent between restarts. Additionally I noticed that if I updated the rules file and restarted Chrome the rules wouldn't update. However I recalled that I opened the url with the file in the Chrome tab to see the content and it looks like the plugin was taking information form this cached version of the file. Once I cleared cache and didn't open the file with rules directly in Chrome again, the changes are now applied on each restart. Thanks, you're the man. I think it will be useful for many users of Autofill :)

thdoan

Jul 25, 2018, 5:37:41 PM7/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Heh, you just gave me an idea: I'm going to add a cache buster to the remote file URL, e.g. http://www.site.com/path/to/data.csv?t=timestamp

thdoan

Jul 25, 2018, 7:17:51 PM7/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
UPDATE: Appending a timestamp to the URL is not reliable (e.g., https://pastebin.com/raw/k5j87pZB?t=1532558578061 is redirected to https://pastebin.com/raw/k5j87pZBt1532558578061), so I went with the solution to set the request headers to prevent caching:

xhr.setRequestHeader('cache-control', 'max-age=0, no-cache, no-store');
xhr
.setRequestHeader('pragma', 'no-cache');

thdoan

Jul 25, 2018, 10:48:21 PM7/25/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Starting with v9.1.6, you should no longer have to manually clear the cache (or open the URL and press Shift-F5) to import the latest version of the remote file.

Mr. O

Jul 27, 2018, 2:39:14 PM7/27/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Awesome! Thanks again :)