Autofill v8.11.0 released

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 1:57:59 AM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
This is a minor update that adds support for jQuery UI's select menus.

Changelog:
  • Added support for jQuery UI Selectmenu widgets
  • Fixed regression: Unfiled rules ignored if executing "All" profile

Fauzi Tahir

Jun 4, 2018, 3:02:20 AM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
hi we are having troubles executing profiles using hotkey alt+1, ive tried several numbers as well but it doesnt work. however if i turn off manual mode it works

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 4:57:19 AM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, thanks taking the time to report this. This issue should be fixed in v8.11.1.

Cheers,
Tom

akram...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 2:15:25 PM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
bahi plz is ko jaldi update kro har jhaiga 1 he setting aa jati hai plz bahi

akram...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 2:15:57 PM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
ghatiya version hai ye to barbad

teaml...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 10:47:09 PM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi my autofill stopped working. I set new value on some fields but it seems not getting the info. I reinstalled it but the autofill was not working at all.

msmmst.m...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 3:39:21 AM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
It doesn't work after the update.

thdoan

Jun 5, 2018, 3:43:37 AM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Please provide sample rules and a URL for testing.
Message has been deleted

Mr. O

Jun 5, 2018, 3:17:07 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hello,
I noticed that if you leave the value field blank (intention to clear the form's field value) the rule is skipped. This happens even though the rule assigned to a profile.

Regards.

thdoan

Jun 5, 2018, 3:27:56 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
If the field has an initial value that's different from what's in the Value column AND you select Mode = Overwrite, then you can empty out the field.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mr. O

Jun 5, 2018, 3:33:38 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
That's exactly the behavior I used to have. Now, even though the mode is set to overwrite if I leave the value blank then the form keeps the original value. I tested with one space and this way it works. I have these rules deployed on many workstations so I want to avoid changing each individually.

Thank you.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

thdoan

Jun 5, 2018, 6:17:42 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Also, be sure to (1) export your data to CSV file first, and (2) use the latest version of Chrome.

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 3:16:13 PM UTC-7, thdoan wrote:
Hi Aleksandar, can you try one thing? Can you try to uninstall the extension, then go to the Play Store and reinstall it. Let me know if you still have issues after you do that.

thdoan

Jun 5, 2018, 6:20:07 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, I cannot access http://testsvr/page.aspx. Can you try to find another site where you can reproduce the issue?

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:30:32 PM UTC-7, oktus3dm wrote:
Please see the example:

### AUTOFILL PROFILES ###,,,,,,
Profile ID,Name,Site,Hotkey,,,
c1,Test,,,,,
### AUTOFILL RULES ###,,,,,,
r13,0,"txtSupplier","","http://testsvr/page.aspx",1,c1

In the editor the value is blank, but on the webpage the original value is shown (it is expected to be blanked)

Thank you.

thdoan

Jun 5, 2018, 6:35:55 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Mr. O, when I create overwrite rules for the practice form (all the rich text editor fields at the bottom have default values), they work as expected, so the form you're having issue with might be a special case. We just have to investigate what's causing this behavior -- usually there's a root cause.

aleksanda...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 10:25:34 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I have removed and reinstalled the extension - no difference.

Chrome 67.0.3396.62 on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5.

Here is the only entry I have and use:

Type
Name
Value
Site
Mode

Text
Edit:
2018-06-06 00:18:00
Overwrite

Was working fine, now doesn't overwrite anything after the update.

For privacy/GDRP reasons, could you please remove my name, you can delete the previous post from me on the quote as I was using my email to reply and my name and family name is presented here.

thdoan

Jun 5, 2018, 11:54:58 PM6/5/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Aleksandar, I removed the previous entry from you, but I believe you can also delete your own posts. To confirm, is this your autofill rule?

Type = Text
Name = Edit:
Value: 2018-06-06 00:18:00
Mode: Overwrite

Can you try two things?

1. Make sure "Edit:" really matches this field. Alternatively, you can delete this rule and generate a new one by filling out this field again and clicking the Autofill icon to generate a new rule.
2. Remove the site filter.

Reload this page and see if it autofills correctly. We will get to the bottom of this one step at a time, with your assistance and patience. Thanks.

Александър Борисов / Aleksandar Borisov

Jun 6, 2018, 1:24:32 AM6/6/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, did everything. The site content didn’t change it was working prior to the update of the extension. Reinstalling the extension or readding the rules do not help. The update of the extension broke the functionality.

About posts - I can delete mine, but I can’t delete your quotes which did contained full name because I was using email to reply.

thdoan

Jun 6, 2018, 1:45:23 AM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I would be happy to delete any of my posts containing your personal info. Please click on the down arrow to the right of the post, select "Link" and provide me with the URL. I will delete all the URLs you provide me.

Regarding the problem with your Autofill, I'm trying my best to help you, but so far I'm sorry I just cannot reproduce the issue of the rules not working as you describe. The first step to resolving this is for me to be able to reproduce the problem, but so far I cannot reproduce the problem no matter what I do :-(.

Would it be possible for you to provide me with the following?

1. Export all your rules and email them to me privately (thdoan). If there is private information, then delete them or replace them with dummy data.
2. Try to find a public URL that does not require login and provide that to me. If nothing is working for you, then it should be easy for you to provide me with a URL that doesn't require login (I was not able to access domain.com URL because it required login).

Thanks,
Tom

thdoan

Jun 6, 2018, 1:48:41 AM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Oh yeah, can you try one other thing? First make sure you have Autofill v8.11.2. Now try importing the sample rules I posted here:

Then go to the practice form and see if you see 42 fields autofilled. This is the last thing I do to past the tests before I publish an update.

nurl...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 10:14:18 AM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
hi my friend please send me email I want to meet with you.

nurl...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 10:16:40 AM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
my email adress is nurl...@gmail.com

Mr. O

Jun 6, 2018, 11:23:32 AM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thodan,
I have tested on the practice form and fields are blanked as expected. Looks like there is something specific in the code of the system we're using (internal website) that prevents that from happening. However it used to work before last AutoFill update. Just to confirm if the value in the rule is anything except for blank the field is updated with that value (even if it's a single space character). Only when reule's value is left blank it doesn't do anything to the form field. I also checked the debug mode and it shows that the rule is applied once there is any value in it and simply skipped when the value is blank. Since you are not able to access this system I can send you a code of the form and my rules so you can take a look. Kindly let me know if that would work for you.

Also here's an example field:
<input name="txtSupplier" type="text" value="2145" maxlength="20" id="txtSupplier" tabindex="1" class="input" onblur="SetUpdateButtonStatus(this, 'btnUpdateSupplier');" border="1">

Don't mind the JS event, I also tested on the field that doesn't have it  and the result is the same. For example:
<input type="text" value="sample value" maxlength="25" id="ctl00_Main_CtlPRD1_DataList1_ctl02_txtStart" style="width:213px;padding: 2px">

Could it be related to the maxlength property?

Thank you.

Mr. O

Jun 6, 2018, 11:55:29 AM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thodan,
I was finally able to reproduce it somewhere on the Internet. Please see https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp and try to blank the first name with AutoFill. It has the same behavior as in my case it will take any value except for blank.

Thanks.

thdoan

Jun 6, 2018, 3:38:30 PM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Great! This is the first step in resolving this stubborn issue :-). I'll check it out and get back to you...

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 8:55:29 AM UTC-7, Mr. O wrote:
thodan,

mtlog...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 4:21:54 PM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks, I appreciate it.

wikiex...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 4:34:35 PM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
No longer REMOVES text from field.

I use this great tool to clear out specific fields in online forms. After a recent update, if Text value left <EMPTY/BLANK> and 'Overwrite', it no longer removes what the old text that is in there already.

How do we set Chrome Autofill to empty a field now?

It used to work perfectly when leaving the Autofill text box empty.

Mr. O

Jun 6, 2018, 5:33:49 PM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
wikiex,
this issue is already reported and being worked on. As a workaround  you can use single space character or javascript to blank the field. If not urgent then just wait for the fix.

Thanks.

thdoan

Jun 6, 2018, 8:48:08 PM6/6/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Mr. O, thanks to you I have finally fixed this issue. You should see the fix in the v8.11.5 update soon.

v8.11.5 changelog:

- Fixed not able to generate rule with empty value
- Fixed not able to autofill field with empty value
- Fixed invalid regular expression error

les.ua...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 12:00:53 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi there - love the product! But there seems to be an issue with the use of curly brackets "{}" (as in "{322++}") in this release.

When I run a run a profile that uses them, it deletes all the steps in other profiles. I've attached my exported profiles. An example of a profile which can cause the issues is in "Autofill.png".
  1. Attachment "1. Before.png" shows the profiles and their step counts before I run "Autofill.png"
  2. Run the profile in "Autofill.png"
  3. Attachment "2. After.png" shows the profiles and their step counts after I run "Autofill.png" (the other profiles have gad their steps delted)

When I remove the curly brack portion and run the profile, everythings fine.

Hope this is enough info.
Autofill-1800606.txt
Autofill.png
2. After.png
1. Before.png

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 2:18:46 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi there, thanks a lot for reporting this nasty bug. I just released a fix for it in v8.11.6 hotfix. Summary of issue: as part of the autofill optimization, only relevant rules are processed on any given page (whereas before it was looping through the entire rules database); when a variable is incremented/decremented a save operation is performed, but it was saving the subset of the rules back to the master rules table, hence after the increment/decrement only rules in the active profile remained.

Thanks for reporting this.

User43985735

Jun 7, 2018, 2:34:59 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks for noticing the bug, kindly delete the following posts as they were containing sensitive private data as my name etc, I have changed/deleted mine:

I am recommending your extension to others as well.

Good luck and keep it going!

Thanks, again!

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 3:09:55 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
These have been deleted.

Cheers,
Tom

User43985735

Jun 7, 2018, 3:25:00 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Installed 8.11.6 still doesn't populate anything. Will take a look how to do the test and the rules.

User43985735

Jun 7, 2018, 3:31:10 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I have imported the rules, where do I test them?

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 3:56:44 AM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
You should see 42 fields autofilled when you load this page: http://www.tohodo.com/autofill/form.html

Mr. O

Jun 7, 2018, 1:05:55 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thodan,
tested the updated version today and everything is back to normal. Thank you for taking care of it so quickly! I don't know if you take suggestions from users but would you consider adding a field in the settings where you can save an url to the config (rules) file and load that config when browser starts? In my case there is around 60 people using Chrome for daily tasks and I help them using your extension. However when I add/change some rules then I have to manually update them 60 times. I used to be able to just overwrite plugin config in Chrome profile but some time ago they changed how the data is saved and I can't do it anymore. With this solution I would just save a link in their AutoFill config and once i update the rules I would just replace the file in that url and their Chromes would reload the rule set on start. This centralized config would be a great improvement.

Thanks a lot!

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 4:36:42 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Cool, glad things are working as expected again. Regarding your request, it's one of the most often requested features, e.g.:

I'm planning on adding the ability to auto-import rules from a CSV file stored in your Google Drive, but I'm not sure when I can begin to work on this because it would require a lot of code changes, and my main priorities right now are to get v8 to stable and then port it to Firefox. Maybe the cloud support will be added in the next major upgrade (v9 or v10).

Mr. O

Jun 7, 2018, 7:29:04 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thodan,
I'm glad you are considering that. In my case just pulling config (plaintext file) from an url (ie http://testsite.com/config.txt) would be sufficient and probably not as work intensive as the Google Drive solution. Your plugin already parses a plaintext entered into the text field when you load the rules. It's pretty much the same thing :)

Thanks.

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 8:08:00 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
OK, we can give it a test run. Could you please provide a sample CSV hosted on a server for testing? This server needs to have Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * in the http header to avoid any cross-origin errors when the extension tries to retrieve the content (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS for more info).
Message has been deleted

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 8:56:27 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Mr. O, I got the file link and will be testing it.

Cheers,
Tom

Mr. O

Jun 7, 2018, 8:59:11 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I just realized I've been mispronouncing your you nickname. Sorry thdoan :)

thdoan

Jun 7, 2018, 9:18:31 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Np :-).

I'm able to retrieve the text file. Next step: how would you like this implemented?

Right now I'm planning to add a field under Import/Export to allow people to import from a URL, then offer a checkbox option to auto-import data from the URL when the Options page is loaded. Let me know if you have other ideas.

Mr. O

Jun 7, 2018, 9:30:18 PM6/7/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thdoan,
great news! The field is the simplest solution. Do you think it could be loaded on browser start (when the extension is loaded)? You would just enter the url and mark checkbox 'Load rules when browser starts.'. If possible when the checkbox is not checked there would be a button to manually load the rules. Just in case someone prefers this way.

User43985735

Jun 8, 2018, 3:49:05 AM6/8/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Sorry for posting the same stuff again, but I couldn't find the thread.

I have made the test with the sample data, everything works on the tested page, however the extension still doesn't work on my URL and I believe the problem comes from the URL detection.

After 8.11.0 was released until 8.11.6, everything doesn't work for my particular case.

Can I share a private video to your email so you can take a look, please provide me an address where I could send that privately.

thdoan

Jun 8, 2018, 4:11:58 AM6/8/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Mr. O, you might be happy to know that you can now load data from a remote file in v8.12.0! Autofill should be auto-updated soon.

thdoan

Jun 8, 2018, 4:12:44 AM6/8/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, please send the video link to thdoan (gmail).

Mr. O

Jun 8, 2018, 5:26:18 PM6/8/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thdoan,
thank you, it works as expected. You're the man! Do you accept donations?

Regards.

thdoan

Jun 8, 2018, 7:21:14 PM6/8/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Cool, I'm glad it worked. Also thanks to you for providing a test file. Yes, donations are always welcomed :D ("Donate" link is found under Options / Support). Thanks in advance for your generosity!

Cheers,
Tom