Autofill v8.14.1 released

thdoan

Jun 12, 2018, 3:14:50 AM6/12/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Autofill stopped working for a lot of people who relied on the fuzzy label matching feature to create their rules because I removed this feature in v8. In hindsight, I regret removing this and breaking Autofill for many folks -- it was supposed to resolve another issue where people were getting too many fields autofilled because of the false positive matches when fuzzy label matching was enabled, but removing this feature ended up creating more problems than it fixed.

In the end, I have reintroduced the fuzzy label matching feature in this release, so if some rules are not working for you, be sure to go into Other Stuff and re-enable "Fuzzy label matching".

Changelog:
  • Added support for React's data-reactid attribute
  • Reintroduced fuzzy label matching feature
  • Fixed values in React fields getting wiped before form submission (v8.14.1)

xtrem2...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2018, 4:16:44 AM6/12/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi,

It still doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you for your dedication for fixing the plugin!

BR/
Douglas

thdoan

Jun 12, 2018, 2:57:34 PM6/12/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
If this release didn't fix your issue, then it probably something else entirely. In that case, can you explain what the issue is and provide me with sample rules and form URL for testing?

xtrem2...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2018, 2:36:40 AM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi,

I'm afraid you wont be able to access it, it is with in a ticket system. It worked like a charm before, It was after the last Monday after the new update it stopped working. It seems like it can't find the field it wants to fill. But It dont know why it dosen't work anymore. Is it possible to get the old version anyhow?

thdoan

Jun 13, 2018, 4:57:42 AM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I don't really need to access the site; if you can provide the HTML code for a sample field that it can't generate a rule for, that would be very helpful.

xtrem2...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2018, 5:20:50 AM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi,

I have tried multiple Autofillers, since it didnt work. But it didnt work for any of them. I found the reason eventually, the reason was that my google chrome wasn't up to date.

Thank you for your patience.

adzo oz

Jun 13, 2018, 8:22:05 AM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, I haven't used this plugin for a few weeks and it seems now when I have multiple of the same forms open in different tabs, soon as I fill one form on a tab it fills all forms with the same info.
So filling a form on 1 tab applies the fill to all the tabs. It wasn't doing this a few weeks ago.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

thdoan

Jun 13, 2018, 3:26:13 PM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Sorry I'm not able to reproduce this. Would it be possible to record a video of this issue?

adzo oz

Jun 13, 2018, 3:38:51 PM6/13/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Open up 2 tabs of the same form and fill one with one profile, then fill the other form with another profile.
You will see that now both tabs are populated with the last profile you chose.
The first profile does not stay and updates to the profile you chose on tab 2.

Message has been deleted

thdoan

Jun 13, 2018, 4:16:43 PM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks for the the explanation, I can reproduce this issue now. Working on a fix right now...

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:38:51 PM UTC-7, adzo oz wrote:
Open up 2 tabs of the same form and fill one with one profile, then fill the other form with another profile.
You will see that now both tabs are populated with the last profile you chose.
The first profile does not stay and updates to the profile you chose on tab 2.

thdoan

Jun 13, 2018, 6:46:30 PM6/13/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, this should be fixed in v8.14.3. Thanks again for reporting...