Getting Error: Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Failed to execute 'observe' on 'MutationObserver': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'. at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:13539

nl8...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2018, 11:24:56 AM1/9/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi,

When I try tor use Autofill on a certain website it gives me following error:

Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Failed to execute 'observe' on 'MutationObserver': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'.
    at chrome-extension://nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk/js/autofill.js:7:13539

It is an https-connection, is that the problem? Other sites works just fine.
Regrettably I am a Noob in JavaScript development, so I could not further investigate (apart from Googling) why this error was thrown.

Is there a fix for it?

Regards,
Rob

thdoan

Jan 9, 2018, 1:54:40 PM1/9/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hello, thanks for reporting this bug. I think I know what the problem is and will get it fixed in the next release.

nl8...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2018, 3:52:34 AM1/10/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks for your quick response and for looking into my/this problem. I appreciate your efforts making and maintaining this very handy tool.
If there is anything I can support you with (f.i. beta testing), just let me know here.

Regards,
Rob

thdoan

Mar 29, 2018, 4:24:58 PM3/29/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi again, even though I may have fixed the bug, I am not able to verify it since I can't find a page that triggers this error. Could you please provide me with a URL?

Thanks,
Tom

thdoan

Mar 30, 2018, 5:23:45 AM3/30/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Never mind, I fixed this. This error is triggered on pages that are missing the <body> tag.