Autofill v8.10.0 released

thdoan

Jun 2, 2018, 8:49:56 PM6/2/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
This update sees a VAST improvement in the autofill operation. When autofilling a complex page with many fields AND your data contains a ton of rules, there were scenarios where Autofill would be looping through over thousands and thousands of iterations. After the code refactoring in v8.10.0, a page that would go through 5000 iterations was reduced to about 200 iterations, a 25x improvement in efficiency! Obviously, this is much better for your CPU utilization and battery life if you're on an unplugged laptop.

Changelog:
  • Improved site filter matching
  • Optimized autofill operation
  • Removed backslashes before dots in site filters
  • Fixed rules generated for read-only fields
  • Fixed wizard infobar style overridden on some sites
  • Fixed regression: backup profile names incorrect
  • Fixed regression: error backing up some rich text editors
  • Fixed regression: duplicate iframe rules generated in some cases
  • Fixed backup rules sometimes overriding normal rules

iwil...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2018, 9:04:48 PM6/2/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

I wish you didn't. lol

Mine isn't working now.
:(

Is there a way for me to revert? Or stop updates manually?

Thanks for the awesome doohicky though. When it worked ;)

thdoan

Jun 3, 2018, 12:50:51 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Sorry to hear the latest version isn't working for you. I went through my standard tests (see https://groups.google.com/d/msg/chrome-autofill/8ibu-fbsMwM/l38Z6EU-AQAJ) and everything passed. Maybe if you can provide me the URL of a form that doesn't work and the rules you are having issues with, I can try to get to the bottom of this.

fortr...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 1:06:56 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

Bug report If it is set to "All" it will not be entered Please correct.

thdoan

Jun 3, 2018, 1:25:41 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Thanks for reporting this. I'll release a hotfix shortly...

thdoan

Jun 3, 2018, 2:13:33 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, this should be fixed in v8.10.1. Thanks for reporting this issue!

fortr...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 2:28:31 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
thank you

2018年6月3日日曜日 15時13分33秒 UTC+9 thdoan:

thdoan

Jun 3, 2018, 2:30:53 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
you're welcome. pardon the dust -- v8 is still technically in beta, but google doesn't really have a beta program so here we are. it's a lot more stable than it was last week though :-).

notj...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 4:58:09 AM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi i'm having problems w/ shopify based webstores now. However, I don't know if it's because of this recent update or an update on their end. Here is an example of the form I want to autofill https://www.thedarksideinitiative.com/cart/4572850683925:1.  Also, here is an example of the difference between pre 8.10 (rules <n280) and now (rules >n280) https://i.imgur.com/wkccryl.png

sorry if this is the wrong place

notj...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 2:27:51 PM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I was able to fix this by switching to executing 'Unfiled' profile. but shouldn't the 'All' profile also have worked?

thdoan

Jun 3, 2018, 2:41:43 PM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Yes, that was a reported issue that was fixed in v8.10.1 hotfix. Can you check to see if 8.10.1 has the same issue?

Ian W.

Jun 3, 2018, 3:07:42 PM6/3/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I use the extension mostly only for doing sales on 3 different Craigslists. I live right in the center of all 3. I have, in the past, been using just one profile called Mixer. It started as a mixer sale but each time I change it to a different item title, description and price. I fill out the sales page and save new data with autofill for the first sale and try to autofill for next 2 CL sites. Sometimes it saves/auto fills it good and right.

Last night it didn't. It would not save or enter anything using that profile. I would have to start with "Unified" profile for it to fill the Craigslist forms and then I was able to use Mixer profile after that. But last night it would never save the new data for new item.

This is and has been a great extension and time saver for me but It's also maybe more then I need. All the bells and whistles and features.
I may have broke mine. lol I don't understand many of the features and try not to mess with them. Just keeping it simple for me works.

Till last night.
;)

notj...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2018, 3:28:06 PM6/3/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
just checked, I'm on 8.10.1 and I'm still having problems with 'All'. I looked at the console w/ debug mode on and 'All' does nothing while 'Unfiled' works properly

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 1:12:17 AM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Can you provide the rules that are not working along with the URL of the form so I can try to reproduce the issue?

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 1:55:37 AM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi, I was able to reproduce this on my own: it happens in a very specific case: only for rules in Unfiled when you are executing "All" profile. This will be fixed in v8.11.0 (should be auto-updated shortly). Thanks for reporting the issue.

Ian W.

Jun 4, 2018, 7:40:20 AM6/4/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
These links may not work for anybody not logged into CL.
I choose category here... https://post.craigslist.org/k/7BAdD-ln6BG4fsDrrRdIVQ/znYws?s=cat
I do not use autofill on those pages. The next page I do.

This is the page to create an advert on CL...
https://post.craigslist.org/k/7BAdD-ln6BG4fsDrrRdIVQ/znYws?s=edit

I have tried tweaking form rules URL to just  https://post.craigslist.org/k/ and
https://post.craigslist.org and even blank. Nothing seems to change.

Here some (personal info edited) rules etc...
### AUTOFILL PROFILES ###,,,,,,
Profile ID,Name,Site,Hotkey,,,
c1,Mixer,,,,,
c2,speakers,,,,,
### AUTOFILL RULES ###,,,,,,
Rule ID,Type,Name,Value,Site,Mode,Profile
r1,3,"^Privacy$","10","post.craigslist.org",1,
r2,0,"^PostingBody$","a bunch of blah blah blah
more blah blah","post.craigslist.org",1,
r3,3,"^see_my_other$","1","post.craigslist.org",0,
r4,0,"^city$","Weirton","post.craigslist.org",1,
r5,0,"^region$","WV","post.craigslist.org",1,
r6,0,"^PostingTitle$","etc ardvark charger blabbery","post.craigslist.org",1,
r7,2,"^condition$","""30""","post.craigslist.org",0,
r8,0,"^PostingTitle$","blah blah blah","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r9,0,"^price$","20","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r10,0,"^GeographicArea$","West Virginia","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r11,0,"^postal_code$","54875","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r12,0,"^contact_phone$","304######","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r13,0,"^contact_name$","Dan","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r14,0,"^xstreet0$","","post.craigslist.org",1,c1
r15,0,"^city$","Weirton",

All & Unfiled inserts data.
No other profiles insert any data.
When try to save any data to new or old profile it does not take.

For work around, for now, I am just going to add my new sales text into a rule.
Use it 3 times for 3 different CL sites, and change again for the next sale.

Is this a URL issue?

Also it seems to be auto filling when I have it set to manual.
Arrrgh.

A do not update option. Or ability to an use old version.
That would be neat.

Thanks for all you do and any insights.
Where do we donate for your time?
Thanks... "Dan" lol

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 3:00:28 PM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Hi Ian (or "Dan"?),

The problems you're having are very strange as I cannot seem to reproduce them :(. I imported your data and everything's working as expected:

No other profiles insert any data.
When try to save any data to new or old profile it does not take.

As you can see in the video, it autofills correctly no matter what profile is active (and you can see I'm not in manual mode). Can I ask that you try one thing? First, back up your rules to a CSV file; then remove the extension completely, then go to the Play Store to install v8.11.1. Import your rules and try again.

Tom

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 3:04:10 PM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension

When try to save any data to new or old profile it does not take.

P.S. It's not captured in the video, but I can click on the Autofill icon and save new rules to a new (or existing) profile and they still autofill fine.

Ian W.

Jun 4, 2018, 4:47:03 PM6/4/18
to chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe it's my browser or settings.
The rules I posted were far from complete.
I am a bit leary of posting them all openly here.
My email address is iwilson7(at)hotmail.com if you would like to see my true rules and setup I will be glad to send them by email.

I would love to use this extension easily and effectively as it would save me lots of time on listing sales. As it is now (with new data) it is saving nothing and auto filling nothing.

I do think it's a URL issue.
Maybe it's all me... User Error.
That happens often. lol

Thanks again for the responses.
And yup... It's Ian.

thdoan

Jun 4, 2018, 5:51:44 PM6/4/18
to Autofill Chrome Extension
I don't think it's you because I'm using your rules and they're working fine for me in v8.11.2. Please send a set of complete rules to thdoan (gmail).

Have you tried to remove the extension and install again from the store (back up your rules first)?