New version won't save fields

turbowells

Jan 31, 2022, 9:20:03 AM1/31/22
to Autofill Extension
Thanks for the work you did with coming out with a new version.

Generating Autofill Rules on the following site only saves one field.

Here's the csv of the one filed saved:

r1863,2,"^ctl00\$ContentPlaceHolder1\$FormView1\$Question1$","""Ice Hockey""","",0,

The "site" is also blank.

Previous version worked on this type of site.

Thanks

CareBears :D

Jan 31, 2022, 9:35:29 AM1/31/22
to Autofill Extension
same issue for google forms; can't add rules or execute profile, previously saved n working fine, after new update.

Autofill Extension

Jan 31, 2022, 1:22:29 PM1/31/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi, I just recorded this:

Here are the rules it generated:

You're right -- the site filter not defined is a bug, which I'll fixed ASAP. Thanks for reporting this!

turbowells

Feb 1, 2022, 6:56:49 AM2/1/22
to Autofill Extension
After watching the video, I see why you're not seeing the same issue I am.

I keep all my form fields in the default profile.  When I try to save the site, there are already matches in the "Name Field identifier to match." column from other sites, so the new fields are not created.

This seems to be related to the "Site Document title or URL required to trigger autofill."  column being left blank.

Joshua Taborada

Feb 1, 2022, 7:03:41 AM2/1/22
to Autofill Extension
My execute profile is not working and keeps freezing when I generate autofill. Please help to fix this new version. Thank you

Autofill Extension

Feb 2, 2022, 3:20:05 AM2/2/22
to Autofill Extension
It could be that you need to enable the "Autofill active profile only" option in Other Stuff tab.

CareBears :D

Feb 2, 2022, 1:05:23 PM2/2/22
to Autofill Extension
hihi, thanks for resolving the bugs & re-inserting the "Execute profile" context menu in v10.0.8. :D
1 minor aesthetic issue is the autofill icon will light up, as a yellow lightning, at webpages where u've saved rules be4.
However, now it won't n remains as a grey icon even though autofill is able to execute profile on the webpage. eg, Google forms.
Probably a bug carried over when previously it won't autofill those saved profiles at those webpages.

Another suggestion: maybe we can have a lite version n official version of Autofill so that ppl with tons of profiles can download the official one w/o affecting the stability of lite version which i believe is suffice for the majority of lite users. :D

Thanks, once again, for enhancing the functionality of this great program! :)

Autofill Extension

Feb 2, 2022, 7:10:47 PM2/2/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi CareBears, thanks for the kind words ^^.

Regarding lightning bolt not lighting up, can you please share some URLs where you're seeing this issue?

I just tested on my usual sites and the icon is lighting up as usual, including this Google Forms:

Thanks,
Tom

CareBears :D

Feb 3, 2022, 5:52:14 PM2/3/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi Tom,

These're the 2 sites whereby the lightning bolt isn't light up although autofill is working fine:
1) https://form.gov.sg/#!/61515cd8855f49001279b2ef
2) https://online.singaporepools.com/en/account#page_trx_history

Just found out a site where autofill isn't working but the bolt is lighted up:
1) https://member.lazada.sg/user/login?

Thank you! :D

Hamza Basharat

Feb 4, 2022, 3:32:05 AM2/4/22
to Autofill Extension
It stopped working for us like forms fields were not being auto-filled. The reinstalling the  v9.6.6 the older version fixed the issue for us.

Autofill Extension

Feb 4, 2022, 4:05:50 AM2/4/22
to Autofill Extension
CareBears, thanks for the info -- I was able to reproduce this issue :). I'll work on a fix ASAP.

Autofill Extension

Feb 4, 2022, 9:15:05 PM2/4/22
to Autofill Extension
CareBears: good news! This issue has been fixed:

Thanks again for reporting it :).

turbowells

Feb 5, 2022, 5:55:32 AM2/5/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi,

The original issue reported in the thread is that the site filter isn't working in V10:

" You're right -- the site filter not defined is a bug, which I'll fixed ASAP. Thanks for reporting this!"

The video of the fix seems to be for a different issue.

Is the original issue fixed?

Thanks

turbowells

Feb 5, 2022, 3:42:18 PM2/5/22
to Autofill Extension
I'll answer my own question.  The original issue from this thread is not fixed in Autofill v10.1.0.

Autofill Extension

Feb 5, 2022, 4:45:33 PM2/5/22
to Autofill Extension
turbowells, that video shows the fix I did for CareBears only. Regarding your issue, I just tried with v10.1.0 and everything seems good now:

Make sure you have "Autofill only active profile" CHECKED like I pointed out in the video.

v10.1.0 should be rolling out to Chrome by today or tomorrow. I think it's already published to Firefox though. Edge usually takes a few days.

turbowells

Feb 6, 2022, 6:16:58 AM2/6/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi,

The problem is that the "site" field is blank as shown in your video.  If you use a single profile as I do, the site filter is needed to ensure new fields are written.  If the site filter is not working, the "name" field from other sites get overwritten.

Autofill Extension

Feb 6, 2022, 7:27:49 PM2/6/22
to Autofill Extension
"The problem is that the "site" field is blank as shown in your video." -- That's because I added the rule manually. If you generate rules, the wizard will populate the Site field for you. In general you should always have Site defined or Autofill will try to process that rule for every site you visit (if it matches the Name pattern).

"If the site filter is not working, the "name" field from other sites get overwritten." -- Please help me understand this statement...(1) What do you mean "site filter is not working"? Do you mean if the Site filter for that rule is empty? (2) What do you mean by "'name' field from other sites get overwritten"?

turbowells

Feb 7, 2022, 6:21:41 AM2/7/22
to Autofill Extension
2022-02-07 06_16_44-Autofill Options.png

I just saved a site using autosave as seen in the attached image.  As you can see, the site filed is blank.

Now, if I already have a 'Name' called ^birthmonth$ in the profile, autosave will overwrite it instead of creating a new entry, even if the existing entry has an entry under 'Site' that does not match the new site I'm saving.

Autofill Extension

Feb 7, 2022, 2:51:55 PM2/7/22
to Autofill Extension
Ah, I think I know what the problem might be -- when you're generating rules, generally the site filter is saved at the profile level (bottom of Form Fields tab). When you change a field value and re-generate the rules, it will update the fields with the same Name, as you observed -- this is the intended behavior. If you want it to add a new rule with the same Name in the same profile, then the site filter for the rule needs to be different (i.e., you cannot have two rules with the same Name and same Site in the same profile). Here's an example:

An alternative is to save the rule to a new profile.

turbowells

Feb 7, 2022, 5:28:55 PM2/7/22
to Autofill Extension
It seems I am not getting through with the problem. I have 60+ sites on a rotating basis and have never used more than the default config under V9. I've never had an issue getting the "Site" filled in on each row with a  "Generate Autofill Rules".

I've run the same "Generate Autofill Rules" on both V9 and V10.  The difference is in the pictures.

In V9 and V10, if the default config is used, the "Site" field at the bottom is disabled.  The difference is that V9 fills the "Site" in for each row and V10 does not.

I've noticed that V10 sometimes fills in the "Site" field for each row.  Not always.  I  *think* it might be if any "Name" (such as ^birthday$) already exists somewhere in the profile under any "Site", the existing one gets overwritten and the new rows have no new "Site".  Otherwise, if all "Name" entries are original, all rows are written properly with a "Site" in each row.

V9.png
V10.png

Autofill Extension

Feb 7, 2022, 7:08:46 PM2/7/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi, I tried to replicate what you showed in the screenshot. I have a rule saved in Unfiled that has Name = ^fullname$ with a different Site filter. I generated rules and saved them in Unfiled again. Everything seems to work as expected:

1. Name exists for ^fullname$, but since it has a different Site a new rule is created for ^fullname$ on tohodo.com.
2. I've never seen a case where rules saved to Unfiled have a blank Site filter. That would definitely be a bug.

Here's the recording:

Sorry, it could be me being dense and not understanding the issue, but I think we can resolve it if only you can show me how to reproduce it with step-by-step instructions. Do you have a website I can go to and the steps to take in order to reproduce this issue? I'm confident we will eventually get to the root cause of the issue and fix it.

turbowells

Feb 7, 2022, 10:12:43 PM2/7/22
to Autofill Extension
Thanks, I think we're on the same page now.  "Site" shouldn't be blank with default config.

I couldn't replicate it with a new install.  Seems to be something to do with having a rules file like mine.  I sterilized my rules and ran a couple of tests.  Seems to replicate each time.
--------
 - Import the attached file - Chrome on Windows 11 for me
 - Go to https://www.millerlite.com/av?url=https://www.millerlite.com/  - Enter Month/Day/Year and "Generate Autofill Rules" to "Unfiled"

 - These two rules get created with no site:

r2001,0,"^birthmonth$","12","",0,
r2002,0,"^birthyear$","2000","",0,

 - This existing rule with a wrong site gets modified :

 r1923,0,"^birthday$","25","marchtothechampionship.com/main.php",0,

-------

I hope this works.

Thanks
Jeff

autofill - dummy file.zip

Autofill Extension

Feb 8, 2022, 3:21:25 AM2/8/22
to Autofill Extension
Thanks for the detailed info. I was finally able to reproduce your issue:

Progress!

The first step to fixing an issue is to be able to reproduce it ^_^.

Stay tuned...

Autofill Extension

Feb 8, 2022, 3:43:05 AM2/8/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi Jeff, I found out the root cause:

The site filter policy is disabled in your settings:

screenshot_000114.png

If you want the Site filter to be populated when you generate rules, you need to enable this. The default policy is Domain + Path, but you can experiment to see what works best for your use case.

Tom

turbowells

Feb 8, 2022, 5:57:20 AM2/8/22
to Autofill Extension
Wow.  I have to say I'm confused.  I've never used that setting and have never had this issue until V10.  Even in V10, it sometimes works without the setting.

Nevertheless, I've made the change and it seems to be working.

Thank you for your time,
Jeff

Autofill Extension

Feb 8, 2022, 4:45:55 PM2/8/22
to Autofill Extension
Hi Jeff, this setting was introduced in v10 :). It should have defaulted to CHECKED, so not sure what happened, but you gave me an idea: since it's never a good idea to NOT have a site filter, I will disable the ability to uncheck this option.