Auto-Switch Profiles

Suporte Remoto

Feb 23, 2022, 5:07:35 AM2/23/22
to Autofill Extension
I wonder if there is a way for profiles to be active only in a certain period of time?
That is, I work in Helpdesk throughout the day, we have to go changing from good morning, to good afternoon and then good night in the predefenided texts, and I have a profile for each situation, but I always have to make this change manually, there is no automatic way of it to be changed automatically at a specific time?

Thank you for your time,
DIogo

Autofill Extension

Feb 23, 2022, 3:33:08 PM2/23/22
to Autofill Extension
You don't need separate profiles for this -- this can be accomplished using a JavaScript variable. In Options, go to the Variables tab and enter this:

greeting = javascript:(() => { let hour = new Date().getHours(); return hour<12 ? 'Good morning' : (hour>=12 && hour<=18 ? 'Good afternoon' : 'Good evening') })()

Now you can use the variable {@greeting} in the Value field of your rules. This variable will output "Good morning" before 12PM, "Good afternoon" from 12-6PM, and "Good evening" after 6PM.

You can do lots of cool stuff with variables. Some other examples here:

More info:

Suporte Remoto

Mar 10, 2022, 4:43:09 AM3/10/22
to Autofill Extension
Thank you so much for the help, it worked beautifully.
I will study the variables very well to see if it helps me even more in automating my work.
Thank you very much indeed.