makes a noise every time I reload a webpage

brett...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 5:16:51 AM6/29/20
to Autofill Chrome Extension
Since I installed Autofill in Firefox 30 minutes ago I get a small "phased" gunshot noise every time a reload a webpage. It is definitely Autofill doing it - when I disable it the SUPER AGGRAVATING noise stops.

What is going on?

brett...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 5:44:24 AM6/29/20

On Monday, 29 June 2020 19:16:51 UTC+10, brett...@gmail.com wrote:
Since I installed Autofill in Firefox 30 minutes ago I get a small "phased" gunshot noise every time a reload a webpage. It is definitely Autofill doing it - when I disable it the SUPER AGGRAVATING noise stops.

What is going on?

I just found the "Sound effects" option on the "Other Stuff" tab in the options.

TWO THINGS FOR THE DEVELOPER:
Keep the sound OFF by default (does anyone at all use this awful noise?)
Don't make it so damned hard to find out how to turn it off. It doesn't matter that it might be hard to find out how to turn it ON - nobody wants that crap anyway.

Howard Gil

Oct 9, 2023, 8:09:50 PM10/9/23
to Autofill Extension
First off thanks for creating this extension! So convenient.

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple months now and finally tracked it down to this extension. I agree this should be off by default, it's kinda startling and also annoying to have to explain to coworkers that I don't know why my browser is making this sound. Thanks!

Autofill Extension

Oct 17, 2023, 1:55:54 AM10/17/23
to Autofill Extension
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make it off by default in next revision.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted