Autofill Age fields on various websites

P51Mustang

Sep 27, 2022, 4:06:40 PM9/27/22
to Autofill Extension
Hello - I was wondering whether this extension will work to automatically default in a numerical value for an "Age" related free text field. I fill out multiple surveys on webpages, and am always asked to enter my Age as a number and was hoping there was a way to automate this to an extent. Depending on the survey, sometimes the field is just labeled as "Age", "Enter your Age", "Your Age", etc... so I don't want an exact match on this label, just a partial based on this keyword. Is this possible to do in Autofill Extension?

Thanks in advance.

Autofill Extension

Sep 28, 2022, 2:19:36 PM9/28/22
to Autofill Extension
Autofill does partial label matching, but the form needs to properly use <label for> tags. For an example of proper label usage, see the Sign-In field (6th row down) here:

If you create a rule with Name = Sign (a partial match), it will autofill correctly.

P51Mustang

Oct 18, 2022, 8:35:31 AM10/18/22
to Autofill Extension
Thanks! I tried this with a label on your Practice Form "First name:" with just the partial match name (see screenshot below):

2022-10-18 08_25_04-Autofill Options.png

However when I reload the Practice Page, the value "John" does not populate into the corresponding field below:

2022-10-18 08_24_24-Autofill Practice Form.png

Do I need to do anything special for field labels that have spaces within the string? If I use just the (Form field) Name as "First" then it populates the value. Actually after playing with this some more it seems that it doesn't like the colon ":" for some reason in the Name field. Is that true? Thanks again, I'm getting the hang of how to use the tool now!

P51Mustang

Oct 18, 2022, 8:52:31 AM10/18/22
to Autofill Extension

Also - suppose I have the following field labels for text fields on a page. I want to fill in a value for any field labeled with the word "Age", even if there are other words in the string, such as below:

1. "Enter your Age"
2. "Message"

If I use the partial match for the name "Age" then it fills in both fields above (because in #2  "Message" contains "age" within it) which I don't want, however if I do an exact match (^Age$) then it won't recognize the label in #1  as being Age because of the two words before it. Is there a way to achieve this?

Autofill Extension

Nov 9, 2022, 3:48:19 PM11/9/22
to Autofill Extension

Sign-in
Username

Here's a quick way to see if a field is using a <label> tag: click on the label -- if it's using a proper <label> tag it will put the focus inside the input field.