The Promises of God

Gaynell DeLappe

Sep 16, 2013, 2:19:19 AM9/16/13
to Bible And The End Times, Christian Bible Believers, Flowering Rivers For Him, inhim...@googlegroups.com, Jesus Is My Joy Inspiration, Jesus Loves One And All, Jesus Only Apostolic Faith, Jesus The Christ, Krazy Korner, New Jerusalem Here Now, Pray With Jesus Is My Joy Prayer Needs, World Harvest Christian Faith Ministries
If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

Nov 01, 2012

The Promises of God

Read | 2 Corinthians 1:18-22

The Christian life rests on a foundation of God's promises for today and for the future. We can trust everything that our heavenly Father has said because His Word shows Him to be...

Truthful. The Lord knows what is true and speaks honestly in all matters. We can be assured of this because He is holy; there is no sin in Him. He is also omniscient and understands everything (Heb. 4:12-13). His promises are based on His infinite knowledge and truthfulness.

Faithful. Scripture compares the Lord to a shepherd who "gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart" (Isa. 40:11 niv). What He has planned for us, He will bring to fruition (Rom. 8:28). Our heavenly Father does not waver in His intentions or will.

Loving. God's love for us was demonstrated at the cross. He sent His Son Jesus to die by crucifixion and thereby take the punishment for our sins. The Savior experienced God's wrath against iniquity so we might know only His love. This is the ultimate proof of His devotion to us.

All-powerful. Divine power created the world and raised the Savior back to life, so we know God has the ability to carry out all His plans. Our omnipotent Father can keep every one of His promises.

A promise is valuable only if the one making it has trustworthy character and the ability to carry through. Our heavenly Father is truthful, faithful, loving, and all-powerful. We can base our entire life on His promises, secure in the knowledge that He will do just as He has said.

The Ultimate Conversation – Available Now

Subscribe/Unsubscribe | Contact Us | InTouch.org | Become a Fan on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter | Forward to a Friend

This e-mail was sent by In Touch Ministries: P.O. Box 7900, Atlanta, GA 30357 | Ph: (800) 789-1473