Anger

Gaynell DeLappe

Jun 26, 2012, 10:41:08 AM6/26/12
Angry

So, then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.  James 1:19-20

Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath.  Ephesians 4:26

A soft answer turns away wrath,
But a harsh word stirs up anger.  Proverbs 15:1

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  Matthew 6:14

He who is slow to wrath has great understanding,
But he who is impulsive exalts folly.  Proverbs 14;29

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret---it only causes harm.  Psalm 37:8

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,
And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.  Proverbs 16:32

Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry,
For anger rests in the bosom of fools.  Ecclesiastes 7:9

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.  Romans 12:19

If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat;
And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;
For so you will heap coals of fire on his head,
And the LORD will reward you.  Proverbs 25:21-22

For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay says the Lord. And again, "The LORD will judge His people."   Hebrews 10:30

Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.  Ephesians 4:31-32

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.  Matthew 5:22-24

A wise man fears and departs from evil,
But a fool rages and is self-confident.
A quick-tempered man acts foolishly,
And a man of wicked intentions is hated.  Proverbs 14:16-17

But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.  Colossians 3:8