Prayer

Sean Bird

Mar 19, 2014, 5:24:19 PM3/19/14
to christian-mathe...@googlegroups.com
When you pray for your fellow teachers or students, what do you pray?

I heard a great definition of prayer: Prayer is an offering up of our desires unto God, for things agreeable to his will, in the name of Christ, with confession of our sins, and thankful acknowledgment of his mercies.1
In other words, it is asking God for what he has promised.

Colossians 4:2-6 (NIV) 2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

I really appreciate Ray's dedication to pray everyday for his fellow teachers. I wonder if we would like to encourage each other by even briefly sharing what you pray for.

If you know someone who would be interested in joining this group, they can send an email to
christian-mathematics-teachers+subscribe@googlegroups.com

- Sean Bird
http://bird-godlydominion.blogspot.com/