Rest

Sean Bird

Mar 21, 2014, 9:41:04 AM3/21/14
to christian-mathe...@googlegroups.com

Matthew 11:28 (ESV) "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

As we come to the end of another week, may you come to Christ and enjoy His rest. May we remember to keep the Christian Sabbath and especially rest in Christ this Lord's Day.

I'm a big fan of celebrating Resurrection Day about 52 times a year.

For those of you who are also approaching the start of your Spring break (like myself), may the Lord bless you with a refreshing time.

I love this gospel call from Jesus in Matt 11:28. I've been delighting in reading a book by Jeremiah Burroughs on this passage. It is available online [pdf web via Google Books]. It is the first book of four on the "Eleventh of Matthew - Christ Inviting Sinners to Come to Him for Rest."

--
Sean Bird
Covenant Christian High School

Ray Fox

Mar 21, 2014, 10:30:05 AM3/21/14
to christian-mathe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sean for that timely advice.

My thoughts are on the scripture, also in Mathew, 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Let us pray that God will enable us to show Him in our classroom. Why not prayer specifically for one class each day (maybe one challenging (needful) student.

Question, How have you found ways to share your faith in public schools?

Ray Fox

Sent from Gmail Mobile

scott_w...@redlands.k12.ca.us

Mar 22, 2014, 12:12:39 AM3/22/14
to christian-mathe...@googlegroups.com
For those of you starting your Spring Break, enjoy your
well deserved time off. For those of you going back:
"In a race all the runners run, but only one gets the
prize. Run the race in such a way as to get the prize."
I Corinthians 9:24
Scott Washburn
Redlands, CA