2023 Pruit Symposium: The Life and Legacy of Andrae Crouch

Monique Ingalls

Sep 12, 2022, 6:01:35 PM9/12/22
to christian-congr...@googlegroups.com, rmss...@gmail.com
Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to invite proposals for papers, lecture-recitals, and roundtables for the 2023 Pruit Memorial Symposium, "My Tribute: The Life and Legacy of Andrae Crouch." This three-day conference and musical celebration will be held at Baylor University (Waco, Texas, USA) from March 16-18, 2023. For more information and the full CFP, visit https://pruit.web.baylor.edu/2023-pruit-memorial-symposium .

--
Associate Professor of Music
Director of Research and Graduate Programs, Church Music

Jonathan Dueck

Nov 12, 2022, 3:44:36 PM11/12/22
to christian-congr...@googlegroups.com, rmss...@gmail.com
Dear RMS-SEM & Christian Congregational Music colleagues,

I write to share with you a CFP that I hope will be of interest: Canadian Mennonite University (in Winnipeg) is hosting the NAIITS symposium in summer 2023; NAIITS is a network of graduate Indigenous-led theological study and scholarship.

This NAIITS Symposium's theme is "Ethnomusicology: Indigenous Heart Languages", and papers, panels, or practioner sessions accomplishing these outcomes are invited (quoting the Symposium's CFP here):
  • Support an increased understanding of the mutuality of authentic Christian faith in the context of authentic Indigenous life
  • Expand on the use and role of Indigenous musical styles and instruments in ministry and Christian ceremony
  • Explore the intersection of Christian liturgy with traditional musical and cultural expressions leading to a deeper experience of Christian faith and life in Indigenous communities
  • Highlight contemporary and traditional blends or fusions which transform our understanding of what constitutes authentically Indigenous and authentically Christian
Papers and panels don't have to be written by ethnomusicologists—just to address one or more of the above outccomes. If you are interested in Indigenous Christianies in global context, I think you'll find NAIITS to be a very interesting conference.

Proposals for panels, papers, etc., are due Jan 31 and submission guidelines are here: https://www.naiits.com/symposium2023/#sympsubmit2022

Please feel free to share with friends, networks, students, et al.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Dueck
Associate Professor of Social Science (Ethnomusicology) / VP Academic & Academic Dean, CMU