New Book Announcement

Andrew Mall

Dec 9, 2020, 2:29:10 PM12/9/20
to christian-congr...@googlegroups.com, SRM...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Apologies for the cross-posting and the shameless self-promotion, but I expect that many of you would be interested to know that my new book has just been published by the University of California Press. God Rock, Inc.: The Business of Niche Music addresses the commercial, aesthetic, ethical, and social boundaries of the US Christian music industry. Based on over a decade of ethnographic fieldwork, formal interviews with Christian music industry executives, archives of Christian music periodicals, and critical analyses of recordings and live performances, I explore the ever-changing boundaries of the modern Christian music market between its genesis in the Jesus People Movement and the early 21st century.

For a limited time, use the code "17M6662" to save 30% when you order directly from the publisher. It is also available from your favorite online retailers. Be sure to recommend the book to your library as well.

All best,
Andrew Mall
Northeastern University