Call for Papers: Sounds of Heaven & Earth Day Conference at LST 29th July

Jeremy Perigo

Mar 13, 2019, 5:39:22 AM3/13/19
to christian-congr...@googlegroups.com

We invite you to join us at our one-day conference on the 29th of July at London School of Theology for a timely and exciting opportunity to engage with scholars focusing on "Sounds of Heaven and Earth: Divine and Human Action in Christian Musical Worship".

The programme will feature scholarly presentations viewing worship through diverse disciplines including liturgical history, biblical studies, theology, ethnography and musicology.

Our plenary session will feature Dr. John Witvliet (Ph.D., University of Notre Dame) who is director of the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship and Professor of Worship, Theology, & Congregational and Ministry Studies at Calvin College and Calvin Theological Seminary.

CALL FOR PAPERS

We warmly invite paper proposals by academics, current students and scholarly practitioners that explore the conference topic. We do welcome papers on other topics broadly related to theology, music and worship from fields such as biblical studies, ethnography, theology, liturgics, ecclesiology, history, musicology, etc. For those interested in presenting, please send your proposal (maximum 250 words) along with a brief bio to mu...@lst.ac.uk by 25th March. Notification of acceptance will be made by 3rd April.

See www.bit.do/heavenandearth for more details.

Please submit abstracts to James Beattie at: mu...@lst.ac.uk and feel free to contact him with any questions.

Looking forward to learning together!

Dr. Jeremy Perigo