New Chocolatey product releases available

Gary Ewan Park

May 31, 2023, 1:38:47 PM5/31/23
to chocolate...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

We’ve just released new stable versions of the 5 main Chocolatey products:

Before upgrading, we would recommend that you read through the upgrade guide which you can find here:

Notable changes in these releases include:
  • All products now require .NET Framework 4.8 to be installed
  • It is now possible to install/upgrade packages from a NuGet v3 feed, rather than only from a NuGet v2 feed
  • A number of breaking changes have been introduced into Chocolatey CLI to account for long awaited changes to how Chocolatey functions
As mentioned in the release notes, there are a number of breaking changes in these releases, and care should be taken when upgrading to ensure that all necessary steps are performed, to ensure as smooth an upgrade path as possible.

If you run into any problems with the new release, please reach out via `choco support` if you are a licensed customer, or add a comment in this discussion on GitHub:

We also created a blog post about this release, which you can find here:

--
Gary Ewan Park
Chocolatey Software, Inc.