Raspberry Pi

Brian Green

Jul 30, 2012, 9:42:18 AM7/30/12
to ch...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone in the group played with one of these yet?

http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

Brian C. Green

"Knowledge is knowledge. Once we accept that some of it is too important for ordinary people to have, we are no longer at Orwell's doorstep but sitting in the parlor discussing proper placement of the furniture."
  - Robert B. Laughlin (The Crime of Reason)

Michael Irwin

Jul 30, 2012, 10:20:30 AM7/30/12
to ch...@googlegroups.com
Not yet. DelBoy describes an emulation here (  http://linux-news.org/index.php/2012/06/02/raspberry-pi-emulation/  ) that doesn't look too difficult ...

Mike

Mindless Automaton

Jul 30, 2012, 10:21:30 AM7/30/12
to ch...@googlegroups.com
On 7/30/2012 9:42 AM, Brian Green wrote:
> Has anyone in the group played with one of these yet?
>
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

I haven't myself, but I know a guy who runs a BBS on one..
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7268

Arch linux I believe is the OS he uses..

-dc

Gerald D. Neale

Jul 30, 2012, 10:21:55 AM7/30/12
to ch...@googlegroups.com
NO, but looks awesome.
Jerry

Jul 30, 2012, 11:50:29 AM7/30/12
to ch...@googlegroups.com
I did some benchmarks comparing the original debian image to an old dell I had (now they are on the much faster with raspbian):
http://bryanquigley.com/uncategorized/rasberry-pi-vs-old-dell-p4