Can I use LLVM CIRCT without downloading firtool and putting it in the path?

Øyvind Harboe

Mar 31, 2023, 9:39:44 AM3/31/23
to chisel-users
I would like to modify https://github.com/The-OpenROAD-Project/OpenROAD-flow-scripts/tree/master/flow/designs/src/mock-array-big to use CIRCT to make the Verilog code look nicer.

However, I don't want to add the dependency on manually download and installing the firtool.

I know that somewhere down the road, Maven/sbt will download and install firtool binaries, but is that already possible, even if the firtool is a bit more dated than the bleeding edge?

Schuyler Eldridge

Apr 4, 2023, 1:49:11 PM4/4/23
to chisel...@googlegroups.com
This is not available now, but is possible.

I think it's something like you include multiple Jars and distinguish
them with a "classifier". This is how I could discern that Java
Tensorflow bindings work (and I think Jack came to the same conclusion
independently).