illegal cyclic reference to Module

ashrir...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2022, 6:18:51 PM4/20/22
to chisel-users
I am encountering a strange error.
Just looking for some guidance as enabling someone to replicate might be hard (involves custom libraries)

1) I have a chisel module defined in a library
class example extends Module
2) When I try to use the module in an ammonite script

val x = Module(example)

I have tried both chisel 3.4 and 3.5

 illegal cyclic reference involving class

Martoni

Apr 22, 2022, 3:58:06 AM4/22/22
to chisel-users
Hello,

val x = Module(example)

Isn't it a problem of a missing "new" keyword?

val x = Module(new example)

ashrir...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2022, 1:43:56 PM4/22/22
to chisel-users
That was a typo in my question description.
But the issue still persists. Here is more strangeness

1) if I extened MultiIOModule instead of module then it does not throw the error
2) if I do not include my library. Then it does not throw the error.
Its almost as If my library is causing it to pull in an older LegacyModule?

Just so strange; I would completely understand if its hard to answer given what I am describing.
Just leaving it in here in case someone else encounters a similar problem.