Chisel v3.4.3 has been released

Jack Koenig

Apr 9, 2021, 2:08:33 PM4/9/21
to chisel-users
Hello everyone,

We have released a new minor version of the various Chisel-related projects:
FIRRTL v1.4.3 -

Chisel and FIRRTL have the bulk (well all) of the changes this minor release, please check out the release notes.

I would like to highlight a few things I'm particularly excited about this release:
  * AutoCloneType2 is a huge performance and usability improvement in Chisel
  * That plus 2 other fixes to long-running performance bugs gives this release a ~20% compilation speedup for many large designs
  * Large improvements to the website (https://www.chisel-lang.org/) including a more obvious link (top-right) to the Chisel docs (where the bulk of the improvements are)
  * Great contributions from a new contributor (https://twitter.com/carlosedp) adding support for preloading memories on FPGAs!

~Jack

Jack Koenig

Apr 9, 2021, 2:09:12 PM4/9/21
to chisel-users
Whoops, I forgot the FIRRTL link, here it is: https://github.com/chipsalliance/firrtl/releases/tag/v1.4.3

Øyvind Harboe

May 21, 2021, 8:45:46 AM5/21/21
to chisel-users
Should chisel3-plugin be part of this release?

Jack Koenig

May 21, 2021, 6:45:48 PM5/21/21
to chisel...@googlegroups.com
Chisel3-plugin is part of the release. It's part of the Chisel v3.4.3 release notes, but I'll make sure to call it out explicitly in future announcements.