Chisel special session at NorCAS conference

Martin Schoeberl

Jul 11, 2023, 9:40:42 AM7/11/23
to chisel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chisel fans,

we are organizing a special session on "Digital Design and Verification with Chisel." The session's motivation lies in the growing need for domain-specific accelerators whose development poses a challenge for traditional design and verification flows and languages. Research has already proven that hardware designers can leverage software development practices to mitigate this challenge and efficiently construct complex architectures. Chisel is at the heart of this research as it empowers designers with hardware construction and verification features. Using features available within Scala, it can shorten development cycles and increase productivity.

We welcome submissions related to digital design with Chisel, hardware generators, extensions of the Chisel language or its compiler backend, Chisel-based libraries, formal or simulation-based verification with Chisel, and Chisel in teaching. We also encourage contributions founded in other hardware construction languages.

The conference takes place October 30 thru November 1 in Aalborg, Denmark. The submission deadline is August 15. More information is available at: https://events.tuni.fi/norcas2023/special-sessions/

Cheers,
Martin