Small win! Sending metadata with the audio stream

Chris Agocs

Nov 1, 2014, 4:11:28 PM11/1/14
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,
Just thought I'd let you know that we're pushing song metadata to the Prostream and out to the Internet now. Here's how it works:

I wrote a little service that sits on musiclib. It polls the Chirp API current_playlist endpoint every 30 seconds to get the current track, parses the JSON, and sends that to the Prostream over UDP on port 9000 in the format "t=[Title] | u=www.chirpradio.org \r\n".

The Prostream is using the Character Parser, so it reads that and encodes it into the stream. Check it out!

-Chris