Playlist data disappearing from website

Kyle Whelliston

Dec 26, 2013, 10:31:30 AM12/26/13
to chir...@googlegroups.com
I've done two sub shifts, and my playlist tracker entries are going out over the API (mobile app, @CHIRPPlaylist feed, CHVRRRRBP, etc.), but they are being erased from the website after the next track is played. So, according to chirpradio.org, the station was off the air Monday 10-12 and this morning 9-6.

I know Traktor abuse is a bigger issue right now, but this is technologically awkward for CHIRP and annoying for me to field listener questions about where the playlist went. I don't know.

Tony Breed

Dec 26, 2013, 11:04:51 AM12/26/13
to chir...@googlegroups.com, Mike Gibson
That's very strange. It's only happening for you—at least, it didn't happen for Dave and it stopped as soon as Megan took over. So it must be something with your account.

If it's going out on the API, it's probably something with the site itself that Mike Gibson will have to look at.

Tony
> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChirpDev" group.

Tony Breed

Dec 26, 2013, 11:10:31 AM12/26/13
to Michael Gibson, chir...@googlegroups.com
Kyle's a new DJ; is it possible the new ones haven't synced for some reason?

On Dec 26, 2013, at 11:06, "Michael Gibson" <mi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:

Odds are the djs name in the playlist tracker doesn't match the DJ name on the website. That should sync automatically, so have Kumar look at it as the playlist tracker is the item that should be updating the name from the website.

Mike Gibson
Senior Designer @ Table XI
312.806.8455
@lovehasnologic

Kyle Whelliston

Dec 26, 2013, 11:18:39 AM12/26/13
to chir...@googlegroups.com, Mike Gibson
It doesn't appear to be an IP block, I tried with the studio PC and the $5 keyboard, my laptop over the Wifi and iPad over 4G. All the songs remain listed in the playlist tracker and I'm the "Current DJ" on the site. But the entries are deleted on the site as soon as the next track starts (whomever plays it), and I have a DJ page with no playlist entries on the site.

I'm not listed as a sub on the site, if that gives any clue. Data replication seems to be a big issue with CHIRP systems, on code preview, so I may be in one database and not another. I appear to be DJ "1619" in the site DB and have two entries in the DJDB "reviewed by" search dropdown.

Tony Breed

Dec 26, 2013, 11:38:03 AM12/26/13
to chir...@googlegroups.com
That may be the problem. You may have two accounts with different email addresses, but only one's on the main site.

This is apparently a synching issue.

Kumar McMillan

Dec 26, 2013, 11:13:46 PM12/26/13
to chir...@googlegroups.com, Michael Gibson
On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Tony Breed <to...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Kyle's a new DJ; is it possible the new ones haven't synced for some reason?

Yes, there seems to be an access problem on the live site for certain users.

First, all data is safe. It just wasn't getting sent to the live site for certain DJs. You can see the error here for when App Engine tries to post a track: https://appengine.google.com/logs?app_id=s~chirpradio-hrd&version_id=1.369790130301231171&severity_level_override=0&severity_level=3&tz=US%2FPacific&filter=path%3A%2Fplaylists%2Ftask%2Fsend_track_to_live_site+&filter_type=labels&date_type=datetime&date=2013-12-26&time=19%3A59%3A20&limit=50&view=Search

It says:
You are not authorized to post in this channel
There is a job that runs every 2 hours from the script /auth/cron/sync_users. It has been running without errors so Kyle's account should be in sync.

In the App Engine data viewer, I see Kyle's account https://appengine.google.com/datastore/explorer?submitted=1&app_id=s~chirpradio-hrd&show_options=yes&version_id=1.369790130301231171&viewby=gql&query=SELECT+*+FROM+User+where+email%3D%27kyle%40whelliston.com%27&options=Run+Query Kyle, double check that you are logging into the playlist app as email ky...@whelliston.com . This user record was created on 9/26 so it should be working.

Mike, any ideas? Kyle's live site user ID is 1619.

Kyle, btw, I made you an admin while I was in there. Feel free to poke more around the DJ app's admin section if you need to.

Kyle Whelliston

Dec 27, 2013, 1:06:54 AM12/27/13
to chir...@googlegroups.com, Michael Gibson

Thanks, Kumar, for looking into it over the holidays and for the su access. I'm definitely logging in as kyle[at]whelliston.com, and after consulting with Tony I don't think I have two accounts.

It's definitely on the website end. My tracks are going through (for instance, my last track played on Monday displayed on the website overnight until 6 am, when it disappeared), but they're being deleted the instant the next track is posted. My theory is there's some kind of scrubber (check for invalid users? IPs?) that's attached to an event for posting tracks, because a cron would have killed it beforehand.

I'm subbing for Dave from 12-3 Friday (27th) if anyone wants to or is able to check in or monitor the system.

Kyle Whelliston

Dec 27, 2013, 11:08:22 AM12/27/13
to Michael Gibson, chir...@googlegroups.com
This is the first message I've received from you, Michael, so hello! And thank you. I'm glad it was only because I was a loyal listener before I volunteered.

On Friday, December 27, 2013, Michael Gibson wrote:
Kyle. I already told you what happened last night. You had two accounts on the live website (not the playlist tracker). One you set up with a social media account back over the summer that had a user id in the 1400s. Then you set up a second account with your kyle@whelliston email address. When you were submitting songs they were not being saved to the site db because they were matching the first account because the account doesn't have permission to post to the site.

I deleted that account so the problem won't happen in the future.

You saw the tracks live because those are updated on the site via Ajax and json.

There's no cron. There's no scrubber. You had two accounts on the live website. You now have one and the next time you're on the air everything will be fine.

Mike

Mike Gibson
Senior Designer @ Table XI
312.806.8455